• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-Dubbed Girls und Panzer Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
@Cyberphobe:

Blackforest spoiler[has a Mause]. Your argument is really and truly invalid.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Not to point the obvious or anything but this is the actual dubbed narration to the tankery propaganda film from the first episode - explaining some of the odd pauses. {But adding new clips to existing dialogue? Still not a real trailer even if it's better than the textless opening ones} Suffice to say, they got the tone right and I'm interested to see what they can do with it - both the dub and the show.

Eh, panzer vor?
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
MadMan400096 wrote:
Now all we need is a TV deal.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

As much as we'd like it, this is Sentai Filmworks we're talking about here. They'd probably demand something ludicrous like an arm, a leg, and the soul of Jason DeMarco if Williams Street wants the broadcast rights, and even then it may not be enough.

I never said Toonami was the only good fit for the show. Anywhere would be reasonable, even kids' networks like Vortexx or Nicktoons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, nobody could appreciate some Kelly's Heroes references like the kids who watch Vortexx or Nicktoons
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
or "nuts"
kantori

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
What is it with English trailers that put spoiler scenes in them? Are they stupid?
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
You're also making 1 on 1 comparisons. Enough Shermans can take down a Tiger I with planning and proper execution, and all of the battles except the one to familiarize themselves with the tanks, were team skirmishes. Even if a Panzer IV is better than a Firefly, it doesn't take it on alone. spoiler[Not that it matters, it didn't have the upgraded barrel at that time.] Yeah, there's a lot of fiction in the show, but you're talking out your ass without even having seen any of the scenes to know what you're bitching about.

I know exactly what I'm "bitching about." I think there is a misunderstanding here because of I'm not making my point very clear, and for that I apologize. My point is there are tanks that just don't belong. Right from the beginning for the most part the Oarai High School's only good tank is the Mk4. In a 1 on 1 The Mk4 is superior to the M3, Panzer 38, B1,Type89, StuG III, and Chi-Nu (although to be fair the Chi-Nu never saw actual combat so it's combat abilities are unknown). And then they went up against other schools with T-34s (widely considered the best tank of WWII), Shermans, and of course the badasses the Kuromorimine High School that had many Panzers of there own and a few Tigers. I'm saying the Oarai school's tanks were outclassed right from the start, and that is my problem.

Last edited by Cyberphobe on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
kantori wrote:
What is it with English trailers that put spoiler scenes in them? Are they stupid?

Nobody who hasn't seen GuP would know what scenes are spoilers. This is extremely common in any sort of trailer.
Cyberphobe wrote:
I'm saying the Oarai school's tanks were outclassed right from the start, and that is my problem.

I really don't think Anzio outclassed them. Though seriously, have you ever heard of an underdog story? Of course Oarai was outclassed. Their very first match in the tournament spoiler[was won only because Kay decided to only use the same number of tanks after Arisa's spy-balloon was uncovered. This is not war. This is senshado.]

Last edited by Megiddo on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Ah yes, nobody could appreciate some Kelly's Heroes references like the kids who watch Vortexx or Nicktoons

So? Animaniacs made references to old/obscure/otherwise uninteresting to its target demo TV shows and movies all the time (sometimes even being a notable part of the plot), and it was one of the biggest hits of the Fox Kids lineup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
kantori wrote:

i don't see any spoiler. wait, i haven't watch the anime yet, maybe that's why.

You are like saying, American movie trailers put spoiler scenes in them after you finished the movie?
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
Quote:
I'm saying the Oarai school's tanks were outclassed right from the start, and that is my problem.

I really don't think Anzio outclassed them. Though seriously, have you ever heard of an underdog story? Of course Oarai was outclassed. Their very first match in the tournament spoiler[was won only because Kay decided to only use the same number of tanks after Arisa's spy-balloon was uncovered. This is not war. This is senshado.]

I have heard of an underdog story, but this this in my book doesn't apply. In an underdog story the underdogs actually stand a chance of winning (of course they don't always win). This is not in my opinion an underdog story because the underdogs never stood a chance in hell of winning. Putting a single Mk4 and few outdated tanks against armadas of T-34s, Shermans, and Panzers is like putting a man with a pocket knife against a man with a .45cal pistol. Who do you think is going to win? Of course I realize I am taking the contents of this show a little to literally.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
Cyberphobe wrote:
Quote:

I have heard of an underdog story, but this this in my book doesn't apply. In an underdog story the underdogs actually stand a chance of winning (of course they don't always win). This is not in my opinion an underdog story because the underdogs never stood a chance in hell of winning. Putting a single Mk4 and few outdated tanks against armadas of T-34s, Shermans, and Panzers is like putting a man with a pocket knife against a man with a .45cal pistol. Who do you think is going to win? Of course I realize I am taking the contents of this show a little to literally.

Err...did you actually watch the show?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Of course they're outclassed. That's the entire point. They won battles because they used superior maneuvering and tactics, or sometimes relied on pure luck, not because they had the best equipment or the greatest number of vehicles. Of course they'd lose in a flat desert environment, just like Oddball would have lost against those Tigers.

Besides, the creators know this, that's why they have the Type 89 do amazing feats it should have never been able to.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the has. I really don't think he has. Otherwise he'd know that with tournament matches only rely on the enemy flag tank being eliminated for it to result in victory. I do appreciate him looking up in the wiki to at least learn some of the other Oarai tanks though.

Last edited by Megiddo on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
Putting a single Mk4 and few outdated tanks against armadas of T-34s, Shermans, and Panzers is like putting a man with a pocket knife against a man with a .45cal pistol. Who do you think is going to win?
If the battle stays within 21 feet, Mr. Stabby.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5