• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-Dubbed Girls und Panzer Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
Rookie voice actress Margaret McDonald is the narrator in the trailer.
R.G.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It got licensed because it is awesome

I agree.

I agree in spades.
stonehand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
There's no way he's seen the series if he's bitching about the other Oarai tanks being inferior. The Panzer IV does go up against stronger tanks, like the spoiler[Tiger I and the Churchill, as well as a Sherman Firefly], but of the starting one it may be the best, aside from the StuG III, which is definitely an anti-armor piece of equipment.

The StuG III was a tank destroyer, but was at a disadvantage being it was an assault gun. I already said the Tiger and Sherman were better, but the Churchill was not a good tank. Most British tankers hated the Churchill, and preferred the Sherman, because it was a poor design even to the by that point dated Mk4. When the Mk4 was upgraded with the high velocity 75 even the Firefly had difficulties against it. I'm talking reality not the fiction of the show.

The stug III was an assault tank that the army used. It was designed as an infantry support vehicle, to destroy enemy hard points, such as bunkers or buildings. It was a part of army units, and manned by infantry, unlike the Panzer III and IV tanks, which were separated into their own units, like our own armor units. It was only later in the war when the Stug was upgunned with the high velocity 75mm that it was used in the anti-tank role.

You must also remember the British philosophy for armor at time. British armor was pure infantry support. Therefore, they were heavily armored, slow- as they had to not get far ahead of infantry, and gunned with guns that were mainly designed to fire high explosive rounds to destroy obstacles to the infantry. It was with the introduction of the Crusader that the British moved toward a more mobile armor structure.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Anyone who is attempting to use the real world as a basis to criticize this show has clearly not watched the show. While they attempted to make the appearance and capabilities of the tanks realistic, they did not let that hamper them plot wise.

From the basic concept of tankery as a girls sport this show starts completely unreal and proceeds to La La land at warp speed. The funny thing is that while you are watching it feels completely real, delightfully so.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
MahoMana wrote:
Should accents be used in the dub?

I have a blog post about it!

So as to not be off-topic here, please comment there if you'd like. Thanks for reading!

No, not really. Fake accents are almost never good in anything, though it does bother me sometimes, that characters, who are harshly American in the original Japanese version speak with a "Japanese accent" which is odd. Same with dubs, which have harshly Kansai-Japanese characters, who speak with Southern accents.
Postie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
The main problem I had with this show (since I'm a military and history buff) is the fact that every tank driven by the main Panzer teams in this show, in real life, would be out classed by the Panzer Mk4, because unlike the Mk3 the Mk4 came standard with a short barrel 75. It also had a far superior design to all other medium tanks at the time of its introduction into the war with the exception of the T-34 in 1940. Now if any of the other teams had a M4 Sherman or a T-34 then it would had been a more fair fight.

All of the others team had tanks that are either equal or superior to the Pz. IV.
St. Gloriana's ran 4 Matilda Mk. IVs and a Churchill Mk VII
Saunders ran multiple variants of the M4 Sherman, and a British Sherman Firefly that was capable of destroying Panthers and Tigers.
Pravda used T-34/76s, T-34/85s, a KV-2 and a JS-2M(IS-2)
Black Forest Peak had King Tigers and a Maus.

Your problem with this show makes no sense what so ever.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
St. Gloriana also wasn't at their full force against Oarai. They were shown to have a Crusader on their ship and were just doing a friendly match after all.

That guy hasn't watched the show and it is quite obvious.
xFiveBoltMainx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
This is going on my Christmas list.
Khooni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
Gooo sentai!!! I hope that you dub seikon no qwaser and to love ru.
And voice casting/acting has gone up by a notch
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5