• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Massive Attack

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoujiTamino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Women wear these things called bras, you know.

You really don't know anything about bras if you think wearing one suddenly makes your boobs as stiff as a rock. Boobs still bounce and move around despite wearing them. Bras are more for preventing them from sagging down rather than bouncing. Razz Varies between cup size though

Because there's clearly no medium between "stiff as a rock" and "each tit quivering individually like they're filled with water balloons".
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote
Umm...do we even know how the breasts will jiggle? Everyone is making assumptions that it'll bounce like bags filled with water in zero gravity, but it's just as likely it'll be modest bounces like that chick in Xenoblade Chronicles. It's there, and only those looking for it will notice it. This just seems like a bit of an overreaction, especially since Lightning's breasts aren't advertised as a selling point of the game but simply a reveal after a member of the press asked them whether her boobs will be bigger in the game. I don't see any news outlet making headlines out of her armpits being shown (one member of the press asked about her armpits).

Things change and technology advances. Character design evolves as they appear in games. Look at Samus' evolution from a pixelated brunette to the blonde girl with a beauty mark and Adam worship that we know of today. Or Geralt's subtle changes with each Witcher game. Lightning's is nothing drastic, and most people wouldn't even notice the changes unless they specifically paid attention to them.

Lavnovice9 wrote:
Dragon Crown sales at 300K so far.

Gamers can be nice to see it doing well so far. Smile

Nice, I'm glad that the overblown negative publicity the game got because of Kotaku's antics did not do anything to hurt the game's sales. Criticizing a game is fine and all, but provoking the dev was just low.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah what a great comparison with Samus. Yeah from 2d character to 3d model. Yep it's just like reusing the same character model for three games complete with no change in actual character design, just costume design. And I'm sure no one should have a problem with it just like they did'nt have one with Samus in Other M!

Yeah that new giggle technology, it's been around since what 2001? Yeah I'm so happy SE finally got around to mastering it and after making sure they got their hair and belt zipper physics down. I'm sure it was the next step!

I mean it's perfect timing. It goes perfect with DLC costumes that can be sold to increase the giggle.

And I'm happy people reported on it too, because unlike the armpit thing, it's actually quite noteworthy.

Man what a revolution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Crispy45

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 am Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Nice, I'm glad that the overblown negative publicity the game got because of Kotaku's antics did not do anything to hurt the game's sales. Criticizing a game is fine and all, but provoking the dev was just low.

>_> Kotaku's jihad wasn't gonna affect Japanese sales in the slightest since no one cares about this stuff in Japan or what the west thinks there. It'd only affect American sales so you got to wait til it comes out here to see what happens in the American market but since its already the fastest/best selling Vanillaware game I doubt they give a crap if it bombs here or not since they already got some nice money x_x

Quote:
I don't see any news outlet making headlines out of her armpits being shown (one member of the press asked about her armpits).

Armpits are still mostly a Japanese/anime fetish so the west hasn't picked up on the tabooness of it yet to make a big deal about it >_> Maybe for the best so they don't censor armpits out =P
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:17 am Reply with quote
Yep jihads the term to use for one snarky post and other posts talking about how good the art/game is.

Yeah they really had it out for the game.

Yep, Kotaku's the one overreacting here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote
I view Lightning Returns just as an apology for the fujoshi mess that is Final Fantasy 15. By turning off the otaku fans, they have to give them a bone somehow. Personally, I'm quite interested in it and pretty much every piece of info I hear on it excites me more. Sounds like an improved FFX-2.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I view Lightning Returns just as an apology for the fujoshi mess that is Final Fantasy 15. By turning off the otaku fans, they have to give them a bone somehow. Personally, I'm quite interested in it and pretty much every piece of info I hear on it excites me more. Sounds like an improved FFX-2.

Yeah! Throw the men a bone for once, it's not like it happens often! Rolling Eyes
Vylash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Have we really gotten to the point that we can declare a game a "fujoshi" mess before we even know all of the characters? There were guys in the trailer so it's obviously fujoshi bait! Get real.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
Vylash wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Have we really gotten to the point that we can declare a game a "fujoshi" mess before we even know all of the characters? There were guys in the trailer so it's obviously fujoshi bait! Get real.

The original trailers for something always show off what demographics its being aimed towards. If an anime shows a bunch of cute girls to begin with, its obviously being aimed at that demographic even if they add a guy or two later on. Same thing with FF15.. they might add a girl or two later on but thats not the main demographic they are aiming at.
Draneor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

The original trailers for something always show off what demographics its being aimed towards. If an anime shows a bunch of cute girls to begin with, its obviously being aimed at that demographic even if they add a guy or two later on.
you may want to rethink your argument. Since, by that standard, say call of duty would be meant for girls and not boys. Also, note that final fantasy is mainstream in Japan. I don't know why you'd even bring otaku and fujoshi into it. It's not uncommon for trailers for boy games to feature males...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

The original trailers for something always show off what demographics its being aimed towards. If an anime shows a bunch of cute girls to begin with, its obviously being aimed at that demographic even if they add a guy or two later on.
you may want to rethink your argument. Since, by that standard, say call of duty would be meant for girls and not boys. Also, note that final fantasy is mainstream in Japan. I don't know why you'd even bring otaku and fujoshi into it. It's not uncommon for trailers for boy games to feature males...

Call of Duty has nothing to do with what I said. Maybe if all the characters looked like they were ripped straight out of a boy band, that would have some merit, but they all look like normal soldier dudes. But FFXV looks like a boy band fighting evil, which is obviously something thats being aimed at the female audience.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy XV looks like a..................Final Fantasy game. And it's probably aimed at........................Final Fantasy fans.

But hey if you don't want to play it because you can't make a harem party well then no skin off my back.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Final Fantasy XV looks like a..................Final Fantasy game. And it's probably aimed at........................Final Fantasy fans.

Except its not, since it plays nothing like normal mainline Final Fantasy games so its trying to get a new audience. I'd get it even with the fujoshi stuff if it actually played like a Final Fantasy... but thats a whole other issue there.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy games change their battle systems. It's possibly the most FF thing to do. Final Fantasies are supposed to be different from each other. In fact going real time, that's basically where FF has been going since 4. Now they just completely did it. So no, this game sounds like a FF game.

But you were talking about looks and well this looks as FF as can be.

and yeah, I'm sure they hope to attract a bigger audience. Every main FF hopes to do that. But I doubt it's some "fujoyshi whatever conspiracy". Nomura probably foremost decided that he wanted to tell a tale about a dude and his buddies. And being Nomura, he made pretty looking people.

And no I really doubt it's the battle system keeping you away. You said you had no problem with Tales and I really doubt it's "the well it plays like a fighting game bs" Because really if this plays like say KH, it really requires probably less skill to play. It really just sounds like "oh noes, no girls" and "i think it's specifically aimed at girls for some reason and I can't enjoy that".
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Final Fantasy games change their battle systems. It's possibly the most FF thing to do. Final Fantasies are supposed to be different from each other. In fact going real time, that's basically where FF has been going since 4. Now they just completely did it. So no, this game sounds like a FF game..

How is an action game where you control one guy "Playing like a FF game"? Its a turn based JRPG series, not an action series, so its not playing a FF game at all.

I only play JRPGs for the most part so being a complete different genre just kills my interest, sorry.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
And no I really doubt it's the battle system keeping you away. You said you had no problem with Tales and I really doubt it's "the well it plays like a fighting game bs" Because really if this plays like say KH, it really requires probably less skill to play. It really just sounds like "oh noes, no girls" and "i think it's specifically aimed at girls for some reason and I can't enjoy that".

I didn't like KH either... I hate that kinda action game. The whole time Versus was in development I heard it was from the KH team and it looked like a similar type of game so I never had any interest in it in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17