• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pandering in anime. Welcome or unwelcome?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it?
yes
31%
 31%  [ 25 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 32 ]
Sec... need to check dictionary
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 80

einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Now I would to see a poll of "Pandering to myself in anime. Welcome or unwelcome?", with:

"Do you like it when anime panders to the demographic including yourself, by including the sort of stuff you like in anime, even if it's not the sort of stuff the general public likes?

1. Yes
2. No"
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
You just made it hard to read mate.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
As long as they don't over do it. Overall, I find it unwelcome since I run into more that doesn't pull it off too well. Guess it just depends on the show and if I like the type of pandering, but even then, less time on that and more on story/characters.
hikaru hasama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind as long as it's not too... you know... actually as long as my little brother doesn't see it I'm fine.
Mike Hazama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 am Reply with quote
Do I like it when companies give me stuff I like?

That should be a no brainer Smile
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
StealhAssassin wrote:
Pandering in Anime is somewhat an insult to the fans. Manipulating one's instincts just so they watch your material and pay for it is rather inhumane. It is psychologically proven and it is obvious that pandering in Anime would only hurt the fans psychologically, while they're happy about it; not to mention how it is included in Anime that's intended for young children: In which case this goes beyond being just inhumane. To show such materiel to children so repeatedly is a crime against society. It is 99% pointless and needless in most of the times. So my vote would be a proud "NO".

You took the words right out of my mouth! Very Happy Plus, that sort of material (partially revealed oversized breasts, panty shots, etc.) isn't the reason why I became interested in Japanese anime from the start, anyway. I can enjoy any show without the need of any sort of pandering.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2