• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
I usually tend to use an avatar that reflects the current show that I am really interested in. At the moment it is Fullmetal Alchemist. So my avatar is Roy Mustang the Flame Alchemist.
He is very calculating and a very skilled alchemist and provides some of the funniest comic relief for the show.

"When I'm Fuhrer there will be changes..... on that day all female officers will be required to wear mini skirts!"
-Roy Mustang
Joe anime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
As you can see,Misato is my avatar.i like evangelion and she's one of my fav characters in the series.she's also one of my fav
female anime characters.she's a cool character because she
thinks on her feet and she's funny too.
Baal Zebul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
Mt avvie is the Hitoshoura/Demi-fiend from Shim Megami Tensei 3. He is silent, but you can tell he is always thinking, scheming, just like me. Depending on the path you take, he can join anything from the devil to some archangels. He really does not have anything to do with my screen name. You see, it is a really old mythology thing that I do not feel like explaining at the moment. My old avatar of the child was... I will put this in spoilers just to be safe spoiler[Lucifers second part]. Both of my avatars are like me, scheming with the "ends justify means" advice ringing through our heads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Last_Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
I usually tend to use an avatar that reflects the current show that I am really interested in. At the moment it is Fullmetal Alchemist. So my avatar is Roy Mustang the Flame Alchemist.
He is very calculating and a very skilled alchemist and provides some of the funniest comic relief for the show.

"When I'm Fuhrer there will be changes..... on that day all female officers will be required to wear mini skirts!"
-Roy Mustang

It's actually tiny miniskirts.

I chose my avatar because I couldn't find anything good that would fit with Hughes(FMA), Straight Cougar (s-CRY-ed), Zabuza (Naruto), or Greed (FMA) and since there was none of my 4 top favorite anime characters I figured I'd use my fifth favorite anime character.
And besides what's not to love about Don Patch?

I did however find one of Hughes that was almost small enough to fit.
Only 28 pixels too big, it was so close too. v_v

Last edited by Last_Stallion on Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:02 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Efan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Efan wrote:

Just think of me as if Kakashi were a 15-year-old white guy, 6'1 170 pounds and has his left eye brow peirced O.o.

So like, "Think of Kakashi, and then something completely different! I'm the Latter!" I mean, Im not knocking you, it's just sort of... ahhh nevermind Smile

Yes steve, that was the joke O.o.

Quote:

Also damnit, now my avatar must change!

What is your new avatar? It looks like a guy i know.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:

You must learn of the joys and subsequent annoyance of exposition!

Quote:

Some Kmart or Target Calatouge, hocking off various Yugioh!! Merchandise. This kis had hair gel and stuff, it was quite silly Smile
Last_Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Efan wrote:

You must learn of the joys and subsequent annoyance of exposition!

Quote:

Some Kmart or Target Calatouge, hocking off various Yugioh!! Merchandise. This kis had hair gel and stuff, it was quite silly :)

If you think thats bad you should have seen these kids trick-or-treating on Halloween.
It seriously ranged from Alucard to Zabuza.
Although my personal favorite was the one kid attempting to be Armstrong.
Priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
WesW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Mine is from the most hilarious moment, imo, of possibly the most hilarious anime I have ever seen. I just get a goofy chuckle every time I think of this scene from Azumanga.
Maybe it's because syruppy-sweet stuff doesn't work as well in live-action, but you don't seem to find that kind of goofyness (sp?) anywhere except anime, so I think the pic is also an example of one of the unique attributes of anime.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I'm wondering if anybody else imagines people's avatars as how the person who's writing looks. I always seem to do that.

I do to. it gets kinda confusing with people who change their avatars a lot >.<

...and it just hit me that most people may now think of me as an 8th-grade girl (I'm a junior and a boy) Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
My first Aviatar was of my Favorite anime character of all times. Alucard from Hellsing. I mean that was the first anime that had me hook line and sinker. That is also the very first anime where I actually went out and bought the enitre series and mangas. I also think is just laid back, cool, egotisticial and all around a Bad Ace.

Now the one I just changed it too is of course none other than Sephiroth from Final Fantasy Advent Children. I mean FFVII was the first game that I played that hooked me into RPG's and now the movie is breath taking. I got up and just said "WOW" and walked out nothing else. But yeah he is also a so cool, confident, kind of arrogant, definitly a egotist, weilds a awsome weapon, and once again is a def bad ace. Plus he in my mind is the best Bad Guy from the Final Fantasy Saga up to this date, and this movie only added to it. Which trust me is a very good thing.

Hmmm I have a tendency to find pitcures of bad guys and Bad Aces. I either am one, or I want to be one, or I just find it entertaining to choose the opposite side of things? I will let you in time be the judge.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
excel7769

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is the well known Orphen from the series of the same name. It's interesting why I picked this one, until I went to my first convention, there was the strange feeling I had that I was seriously the only person in my town who was into anime, so I kinda felt like an orphen, that was until I attened my first con, and well, kinda felt like family there, but the theme still kinda stuck. It's a sappy story sure, but that's why it's there. Razz
Jimmy Crackers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Kotaro Nanbara, Kazuya Saotome's best friend and worst enemy (or so he says) from the anime Hand Maid May.

I chose Nanbara because he really, really cracks me up. I can see how alot of people may find him rather annoying, but not me. He is loud, boisterous, and just plain obnoxious. He has a tendency to make wild, exaggerated movements from time to time, and often spouts random incoherent messages that make no sense whatsoever. Technically, he is supposed to be Kazuya's rival, but to me, I consider him to be a massive source of comic relief for this show, which he does really well, IMO. In other words, to me, he makes Hand Maid May worth watching.

I would also like to point out that I like the Nanbara that's done by Yuji Ueda. Perhaps it is my sub/dub bias that is talking. Don't get me wrong, I think that Bob Marx did a pretty decent job as Nanbara, but I happen to think that Ueda did a much better job of portraying Nanbara's boisterous attitude.
kk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Shuichi from Gravitation. It was kinda of an accident when I ran into this picture. I was up really late one night doing homework and I decided to look something up for my physics project. When I typed gravitation in, this picture popped up and he was so cute!
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is something I dug up from Samurai Deeper Kyo, one of my favorite series; this is also where I got my name, Kyo rhymes with one of my nicknames so I switched them. Back to the avatar; I was looking for something that fit the whole "Demon Eyes" thing and I finally found exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something that had a visible set of eyes that weren't quite "human," but kinda looked human; I was thinking along the lines of different colors, preferably red, or maybe a different shape on a human face. After a bit of searching I found what is now my avatar.
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
My avatar is Mugen from Samurai Champloo and the reason I chose him would be do to his Attitude, I mean he's out going and doesn't give a damn about much he never backs down from fight and he keeps moving forward never looking back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 512