• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Must have been on the Director's Cut version. Wink
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:10 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Psycho 101

I could have sworn I watched that whole show, but for some reason I don't remember that outfit, or the pose for that matter. Shocked I'm sure I would have noticed it. Wink

Hotaru had a jacket over her swimsuit that one episode they were at the pool. That's fan art anyways, not a screenshot.
Woomy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 am Reply with quote
Well, my avatar isn't from any anime, it's just a picture of my spoiled rotten dog. She's a dachshund, and her name is Jolie. Very Happy
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga Wrote:
Quote:
That's fan art anyways, not a screenshot.

I know, that was a joke.
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Remember when I said I change avatars on a whim? Well...

When I saw this scene, I knew I had to make an avatar out of it. I found it to be the most beautiful and uplifting scene this season--more so than the Subaru and Rem scenes from Re: Zero, in fact.

Consider the context of this scene: spoiler[The world has been plunged into despair, and the people started destroying each other. These 2 (and a friend who is not shown in this shot) found themselves in the burning rubbles of the city. Despite trying so hard to teach and set an example, the heroine finds that her students were responsible for much of the destruction. Devastated, the heroine rushes into the arms of her beloved and cries her heart out. But after that, the 2 vow to root out the despair and become a ray of hope in the bleak world, all the while still holding each other in an embrace.] It is enough to tear at the heart and encourage us to face tomorrow.

I think the picture itself also perfectly conveys the scene, with the red skylines from the flames in the background, sparks flying in the air, and the heroine's hair billowing in the wind that the fire caused while she shares a tender moment with her beloved. If I had one criticism to make, it would be how the 2 is rather too clean for their situation--an unfortunate consequence of the limited budget and time of the production. But overall, I do not think it is sufficient to ruin the effect.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
@Raftina

That is apparently from a show I did non watch. Just out of curiosity, who are they and what show is it?
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
They are Chisa Yukizome (left) and Kyosuke Munakata (right) from Danganronpa 3. Danganronpa 3 is actually divided into 2 arcs: Future arc and Despair arc. The recommended watching order is Future 1, Despair 1, Future 2, Despair 2... etc.

This particular screenshot is from the Despair arc.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I tend to avoid that sort of show.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
By popular demand I went with Kanda for this quarter although I can't promise I won't feel like switching to Reigen halfway through. Let's see how I feel about Kanda's handsome face in a few weeks

Smile
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote
It's October, and internet etiquette requires me to change my avatar to something at least tangentially Halloween-related. So I've changed my avatar from Arashiyama Hotori, from And Yet the Town Moves looking exasperated to a picture of Arashiyama Hotori, from And Yet the Town Moves, shuddering.

I'm good at this 'themed' thing.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
It seems I change my icon based on game addictions (except for Pokemon, that's just kind of an ongoing addiction if you will, I suppose?) And yeah, Dragon Quest Builders is my new addiction. Full on, how many days did I play this thing in a row for hours on end? I think 4 (but I was trying to change my sleep schedule for a new job anyway, so this was actually pretty helpful and sped things up vastly).

And after story mode, you can do the free build mode, which gives you a whole island to call your base! (It actually unlocks after chapter 1, with each chapter adding a new island, recipes, items, etc), which I will mess around with later. The towns in the chapters are really small, so this is pretty sweet (and you can share online!) And there's an added color thing so I can now make the gaudiest buildings humanly possible!

The main game is a combination RPG and Minecraft clone (full disclosure, I've never played Minecraft, I feared I would get addicted, so I just didn't start), but it does have a story mode, which I really really enjoyed. And it probably takes 35-40 hours or so, so it's not a short one (though it's divided into four chunks). Anyone looking for a fun action RPG with crafting elements is highly encouraged to play this one. It's actually related to the very first DQ game, which is really cool (and to me, also explains why in the old games, it was cool to not put roofs on the buildings and just build it a couple bricks high and putting a door and light counted as a proper room, lol). At least in free build mode I can make an honest to god house, yay! That's gotta be the first thing I do, make a couple basic rooms to attract the residents, then build a mansion, woohoo!
#roberogomez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:46 am Reply with quote
I decided to elect Anna of SHIMONETA because it reminds me of my girlfriend. Laughing
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is cropped from this picture:

It shows Eldigan x Raquesis, one of the original pairs that gave rise to the Incest Emblem joke about the franchise.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Time for some more kick ass fighters of justice avatars. Since I am playing through the Mass Effect games again I thought I'd start them back up with Justicar Samara herself. There is only the code.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
"Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 500 of 512