• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 am Reply with quote
I probably seem to watch more American cartoons than most people on here, and I think a new series just flew under the radar. Anyone who has Netflix, please check out Trollhunters, which came out on Netflix (as an original series) just before Xmas. It's Guillermo del Toro if that helps you! I'm hoping that this will get more love through word of mouth. I bet if this had come out maybe early December, it would be on a lot of "best cartoons of 2016" lists (maybe everyone can cheat and put it on 2017 lists anyway?), but I really hope this doesn't get lost in the shuffle!
Oh Arceus, the cliffhanger season 1 ends on! They'd best be making a season 2, even with the inevitable recasting of the lead character (RIP, Anton Yelchin)

Last edited by zawa113 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:41 am Reply with quote
More holiday goodness. This time with Miia frm Monster Musume
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Switched to Alisha from Tales of Zestiria as she appears on our wedding day Wink
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote

Well, I would cavil at your use of the word 'our', but who am I to deny someone their source of fulfillment?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not nice to shatter the dreams of children Laughing
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Alisha... is the female character that players expected to be the female lead and love interest but who now gets satirized for dropping to irrelevance, having her place stolen by yaoi dreams?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Something like that. The popular story is that Alisha was supposed to be the main heroine, but late in the game's development the producer became enamored with a certain voice actress, and thus created a character, Rose, for her to voice. Alisha got pushed to the side and Rose took her place in the main party where she displays some typical Mary Sue traits (everyone instantly likes her, she has special powers only the MC had originally, etc). Eventually the voice actress in question publically apologised (full dogeza even) and the producer got "promoted" away from future games.

Thankfully the anime is going out of its way to rectify some of this.
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh? Was that the story? The impression I had was that the story came off as Sorey x Mikleo, with Mikleo taking the supposed heroine spot. Oh well. There goes my yaoi dreams.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:11 pm Reply with quote
This and that are separate matters. The stuff about Mikleo being the real heroine came about after the game's release when people played it and saw just how close he was to Sorey. If you asked me I'd tell you they are just brothers, but if you wanna have yaoi dreams there's definitely lots of material to work with. Enjoy your Soymilk.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
My new avatar is of sumo wrestler Kisenosato, who was recently promoted to Yokozuna (Grand Champion) after his first tournament last month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Using the newest member in Dragon Ball Super. Super Saiyan Carl.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Nappa's twin brother Carl the Saiyan warrior heh.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 pm Reply with quote
For those anime fans who have Netflix (or someone else's Netflix password, let's be real here) and aren't currently watching Voltron: Legendary Defender.... well, fix it! It's most of the same creative team behind Avatar and Korra (and is animated by Studio Mir, making it look even more Korra). I go for the techies in shows, thus, Pidge. Whose voice is now completely normal because dear lord, 80s, wtf? Gotta wait for season 3, soooon, man! And if you're curious, no, I never watched 80s Voltron (outside of clips), the reboot of a few years ago, or original Beat King GoLion (but I hear it's still good for fans of the original anyway). Also, Jeremy Shada (Finn on Adventure Time) voices a lead, so that's pretty cool.
RyuDiceFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Kanda and Allen from the cover of volume 20 of D.Gray-man. I choose this because DGM was one the first manga series I feel in love with. No matter what I can't let this series go (no matter how confusing and insane it gets). I have afew default avatars i use when first picking one and 85% are DGM, lol.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Decided to keep the Dragonball theme going. This time I'm using a gender bend fanart photo of Zarbon. Though he was effeminate enough it's not that much of a gender bend. Wink

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 502 of 512