• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Remaster List

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:
How many pages are in that art book? I've always liked Kosuke Fujishima's art, so I imagine there are some pretty works of his there.

The one that comes with the Collector's Edition is 100 pages. The "LE" comes with a "Profiles Book" that I assume is much, much smaller and not hardcover.

I haven't opened my LE yet, but when I picked up the game, the guy told me that someone had ordered both, because he wanted both artbooks. He opened them to check them out, and then turned around and returned the CE, because he said the LE had the better artwork, and he didn't want the figure.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Tales of Xillia CE: I can declare this to be an awesome purchase. Milla is now set upon my TV cabinet with all my other figures, alongside fellow Tales compatriots Kyle, Reala and Judas from Destiny 2 (though they're much shorter by comparison lol). Funny thing is, she's my third tallest figure now, right after Kee Keema and Blanka. The art book is just lovely and the sampler soundtrack gives you a taste of what's to come in-game plus it gives you motivation to buy the full OST (Graces f's music was mediocre by comparison so this is worth getting). This is definitely worth $100, and you get a sexy box to keep everything safe in.

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN: Despite my not having played a single GG, I'm digging Millia and Potemkin's designs.

DuckTales Remastered: With Tales of Xillia occupying my primary gaming time spot currently, I don't know when I'll be to squeeze this in. But mark my words, I definitely will be playing this; I owe it to the original game and the cartoon series I grew up with. For the curious, only Mrs. Beakley, Fenton, Flintheart and Gyro will be newly voiced since their actors passed away some years ago.

Quote:
A prototype of DuckTales had a few different elements, including hamburgers, Giger-like aliens, and a goofy translation. Will we see any references to that?

I'm not aware of a prototype version of DuckTales, but it wouldn't surprise me if the guys at WayForward put in something like that.

Courtesy of hardcoregaming101, here are some screenshots of what was originally different. Just to note, the Japanese version of DuckTales also had the crosses removed from the final product, so no comments about the U.S. being sensitive about religious imagery:

*Crosses instead of RIP on the coffins: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/disneynes/Beta%20Comparison%201-1%20beta.png
*Hamburgers instead of ice cream: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/disneynes/Beta%20Comparison%202-1%20beta.png
*Giger-like alien: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/disneynes/Beta%20Comparison%203-1%20beta.png
*Launchpad calling Scrooge "uncle" instead of Mr. McD (though I don't know what Launchpad said in the Japanese dub of the cartoon): http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/disneynes/Beta%20Comparison%204-1%20beta.png
*Different stage names: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/disneynes/Beta%20Comparison%205-1%20beta.png

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team: This is probably the best M&L game to date. Excellent innovations and fun combat all around. Amazing soundtrack too. Give this track a listen, it's one of Shimomura's most amazing works to date: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmy506jvI3k

Last edited by belvadeer on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Elves

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Ducktales! spoiler[a woo oo]

Mean! OMG. That's going to be stuck in my head now. Razz

That is wickedly awesome that Ducktales has a remake. I played the original and yes, that was a rare well thought out game of the era. I'm glad to see Ducktales still has love. Now if only Disney would continue to release episodes on DVD!
Jarm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This brings up an important question: if a U.S publisher is willing to bring out Senran Kagura, what won't they touch? Potentially objectionable games like Criminal Girls and Monster Monpiece, perhaps? What terrors might the future hold?

Gal Gun, please.

And why not all those games as well? Twisted Evil
kanechin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Senran Kagura having a T rating makes me think they removed something.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
Senran Kagura having a T rating makes me think they removed something.

It has been confirmed that nothing has been removed.

The game is really not very explicit. Its just...girls with big boobs, sometimes wearing not-even-particularly-daring bikinis.
EternalKnight001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
ToX CE was definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY worth the $100. Beautiful figure and artbook; the soundtrack CD is so-so (espec compared to the collectors ed soundtrack I imported from Japan.....) but anyways. Also. The costume DLC = yes!!!

Looking forward to spending at least another 100hrs on this game; despite the fact I've spent >250hrs on my Xillia/Xillia 2 import CE's (heh.... oh my gosh, obsessed!)
Aldora07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Man the X button dude is hatin. Senran kagura looks awsome and the anime was great too. I will be getting both and the game isn't too explicit, so it can get a teen rating. It has anime inspired graphics that aren't even that detailed and you don't even get full fledged, uncensored nudity.
dark-kyon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
I am sad what anyone have a problem with the patetic preview of senran kagura burst,seriusly the only thing what tell this man is boobs,boobs,boobs,boobs...
is that hard to understand what this game have three game for what is a fun game,with good gameplay,good characters and yes with busty girls and fanservice.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
When the entire crux SR built itself around was "boobs", then people are going to mention the boobs, especially when the game delights in making the viewer feel like some kind of voyeuristic molester with its lurid and lascivious emphasis on boobs.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
XSEED mentioned that this Senran Kagura Burst was possible due to being digital only. They intentionally avoid physical copies.

As far as the rest, I'm tired of countering the b.s. peddled, but everything about it looks like it's a great game. I don't have a 3DS so I can't enjoy it, but I'm sure those who do will
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
Man, I love Ducktales. It's one of the greatest adventure cartoons out there. The animation is fluid and the visuals and art is really vivid. That ¥42,000,000+ budget(as of 1987 BTW) per episode helps too. It needs a FULL DVD release and in 2015, a BD release containing ALL 100 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2