• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinichiro Watanabe Reveals Space Dandy Comedy TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll be looking forward to this, I don't give a crap about this "saving anime" or any of that other bullshit folks seem to be spouting but on the whole it looks like it's got potential. While I sigh at the idea of missing out on bones splendid action animation(?) I'm always up for a fun comedy with enjoyable characters.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm rather looking forward to this series. A lot of talented people are working on it and it looks like it could be good silly fun. And I can't help but love "Space Dandy is... a dandy guy in the space," bad grammar and all.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
According to people that were at Otakon, Watanabe said it's only gonna be a 13 episode series, but they will make more if it's popular.

Also, they showed a trailer. Looks awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FD9Rv7_Ox4

Hah, the first thought that popped into my head was Funimations' "Boobies FTW". I can't believe they actually made a boobies song
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

Well Watanabe certainly had a great sense of humor at the panel itself. He had the whole room laughing several times. Smile

Edit: about the restaurant name Watanabe said you know Hooters they have that in space too.

Hooters is still quite new in Japan.

DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:
I think that music in the first half would definitely not be out of place for Yoko Kanno, since they haven't announced the composer yet.

There are about 4 composers working on it it and they will create around 30 songs.

You got it mixed up.
20 artists with 3-4 songs per artist.

Cool.

Thatguy3331 wrote:
I'll be looking forward to this, I don't give a crap about this "saving anime" or any of that other bullshit folks seem to be spouting but on the whole it looks like it's got potential. While I sigh at the idea of missing out on bones splendid action animation(?) I'm always up for a fun comedy with enjoyable characters.

Yeah, though the trailer has some nice action with the running, explosions, and some ray gun shooting, so it looks like there will be some even though it's supposed to be mainly a comedy.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

Well Watanabe certainly had a great sense of humor at the panel itself. He had the whole room laughing several times. Smile

Edit: about the restaurant name Watanabe said you know Hooters they have that in space too.

Hooters is still quite new in Japan.

Those girls are cute, no doubt... but I dunno, there's just something missing... something Watanabe's girls have Laughing

Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote
Hmm. I'm not one for sci-fi comedies in anime, but it's Shinichiro [expletive] Watanabe!

...We'll see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4