• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Code Geass, Tales of the Abyss, Witch Hunter Robin, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
Lynxikat wrote:
If Funimation does decide to dub ToA, I reeeeeally hope they get most of the original video game cast back... Although that being said, that's likely not going to happen since the cast are all LA people :/

Well, Sengoku Basara has (I assume since I haven't played the games) most if not all of it's original cast, including Liam, Travis, Johnny and Sam. And Tales of Vesperia brought back both Troy and Sam.

So yea, lets not completely rule it out. Funimation is a lot better at getting original casts back together than people like to give them credit for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Tales of the Abyss?! That means...there might be hope for an English dub, even if it's not by the actors from the games!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I hope that is the case. though it looks like bandai is really dead after all with the crapload of previous titles that both Funi and Sentai Fimworks are rescuing. i kinda hoped the company may have been rescued too since from the looks of thing Sunrise and the gundam franchise have been taken under the Sony Ent banner.

though since they did license AO , it shouldnt come as a surprise. though i am surprised they got the Sekai no Senkai trilogy since i liked watching it when it premiered on G4 ( TechTV during the early 2000's) I wonder if it will mean they might include an english dub for the OVA since for some reason Bandai give it an english sub only release.

Not to mentioned that it might be possible that other Bandai series that got the english sub only treatment may get an english dub if they haven't been claimed by Sentai Filmworks already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:30 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
trunkschan90 wrote:
Funi needs to license rescue Kikaider, Geneshaft, and Monster.

Yes. You're speaking my kinda language, sonny; especially with Geneshaft and Kikaider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's still excellent news that FUNi's saving Tales of the Abyss (watched while being released as fansubs, but never finished), Escaflowne (saw so long ago, I can't remember jack about it. But now I can finally stream it legally), and the Crest/Banner Saga (which I love so dearly, and already have, but will purchase again.)

Yeah I would love to finally be able to buy Kikaider since I missed out and would be interested in getting Geneshaft in the best quality if they were to outdo the old DVDs.

Agreed on Monster, if Viz won't do it I wish someone else would get the chance, I bought that first set after watching on TV, it has a great dub, and I would love to own the rest.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:59 am Reply with quote
Please FUNi! Please dub Tales of the Abyss!! And get the Canadian VAs back for it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quote
Even though I generally don't watch dubs if the sub is available, after having gone through one game-to-anime adaptation that changed the voice cast, I won't double-dip on Abyss if it's a different cast.
Looneygamemaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Please FUNi! Please dub Tales of the Abyss!! And get the Canadian VAs back for it.

Umm...Tales of the Abyss was dubbed in LA. Like all the Tales games.
HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm breathing a sigh of relief that Code Geass has been picked up by Funi. Having only been introduced to the series last year (I know I'm late) I only just managed to get the first season on boxed set at Sakura Con this year, and it cost me a fortune because it was still out of print. Now I have hopes of getting season two at a decent price.
Someone posted that they doubt Sunrise would give up the rights to the various Gundam series to Funimation or Sentai, this disappoints me because there are so many of them that I want and wasn't able to pick up when Bandai in North America had the rights to them. I hope one day they'll be licensed again, but there are times when I feel like losing hope.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
About the Gundam series....

Humberto Saabedra did point out this link on his Twitter account:

http://www.funimation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/81h_X_144w_typical_video_thumbnail/gundam.jpg

Take it however you want.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
It's SEED, I'd rather leave it behind.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
5 Bucks says Guy is voiced by Micah Solusod.
TronBonne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Will also double dip on Tales of the Abyss!! Very excited about that Smile
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
More than glad they rescued the stylin', profilin', Swordfish-flyin', Bebop-ridin', GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Animehermit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It's SEED, I'd rather leave it behind.

I'd rather it be buried at the bottom of the ocean.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
Huh? i was under the assumption that the SEED series is highly popular and a otaku fan favourite. cause i liked it though some parts of the ending i didn't.

However the odds of either Viz Media or Funimation acquiring any of the gundam series is slim to none. the only chance is that Sunrise make a US division just like Aniplex. that or they acquire and become the new owners of what's left of Bandai Ent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Huh? i was under the assumption that the SEED series is highly popular and a otaku fan favourite. cause i liked it though some parts of the ending i didn't.

In Japan maybe. But Us Gundam fans don't care for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5