• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cche7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I thought AniPlex had released the Bluray for Mai Hime and Mai Otome?
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:
Definitely gonna get Bebop on Blu-ray as will every anime fan in America.

-1 American fan, never thought it was ever that great.

But since this is the "Bandai lives again" convention... no Geneshaft or Silent Mobius? Kinda hoping for re-releases of those two. Maybe there will be more tomorrow...
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
cche7 wrote:
I thought AniPlex had released the Bluray for Mai Hime and Mai Otome?

Aniplex of America? No.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
This is great news, and I'm surprised FUNimation also nabbed Angel Links, that being a little obscure. Wonder if they'll dub the former sub-only titles.

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Woot for FUNi nabbing Cowboy Bebop. I may not be as big a fan of it as most others are, but there's no denying it's a great show and well deserving of it's place in the fandom. Did they get the movie too though? I was always more into it than I was the show, for some reason.

Sony has the movie, and unfortunately sub-licensed it to Image Ent, who released a crappy Blu-ray with stereo sound.

Yeah, ashame, would have loved for Funi to do a proper surround sound BD of the movie.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:
Looking forward to Outlaw Star but will that include the follow up sequel that Cartoon Network didn't broadcast due nudity issues? Confused But again they are into dropping series without notice and continue the American tradition of censorship.

If you ever watched Outlaw Star on tv you will notice that Gene got the best Caster shells right before the battle. You didn't see Gene get those shells because the episode he got them in was a hot spring episode that got banned for nudity that had nipples in it (as opposed to the kind of nudity seen in Tenchi).

Its also probably the funniest episode of an anime I have ever seen.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

You know, I was actually thinking about this, and I think I agree. Those wizards were hilarious.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Totally agree Kalessin, will definitely be double dipping on a ton of these if they were to get BDs. Smile

Kruszer wrote:
Pretty much everything on the list is stuff I already have from Bandai, but it's at least good to see it not getting lost to the ravages of OOPness. If they want some of my money off old Bandai stock they should get and rerelease Scrapped Princess in a SAVE set, my singles are taking up too much space on my shelf and I'd like something thinner. Either that or finish off some of the franchises Bandai left incomplete. I'd love to own Banner of the Stars III and Stratos4 Advance.

Loved Scrapped Princess, hopefully that'll get announced along with the rest of the Bones stuff we're waiting for, at the same time as Wolf's Rain and when Funi is finally able to announce the original Eureka Seven.

I'd pick up both of those too, especially Banner III.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
So happy that tales of abyss and more fairy tail is being dub by funimation thank you so much now I'm going to buy the whole DVDs of fairy tail and tales of abyss
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
marcos torres toledo wrote:
Looking forward to Outlaw Star but will that include the follow up sequel that Cartoon Network didn't broadcast due nudity issues? Confused But again they are into dropping series without notice and continue the American tradition of censorship.

If you ever watched Outlaw Star on tv you will notice that Gene got the best Caster shells right before the battle. You didn't see Gene get those shells because the episode he got them in was a hot spring episode that got banned for nudity that had nipples in it (as opposed to the kind of nudity seen in Tenchi).

Back when it was still airing on Toonami, I went out and bought the VHS tape with the missing episode just to see it.

Worth the thirty dollar admission price.

Love the henchman humming "If I Only Had A Brain".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
It took them long enough to get Cowboy Bebop, I knew they'd get it eventually due to Cowboy Bebop being one of the biggest anime's in American history and Funimation being the God of anime licencing companies.
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow any that haven't seen Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars T series, I highly recommend to watch it when it comes out again. It's a series that have a likable character and a well fleshed out universe
sonryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
All I needed to see was Bebop and blu-ray in the same sentence. SOLD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited for Bebop, wanted to get it for being an anime classic, Code Geass is something i wanted to finish, and always said I'd buy, but never got around to it, now I can!
Nayu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Where are people seeing these shows getting blu-ray releases? It looks like only Bebop is confirmed for that...

I'd consider double/triple dipping on these in a BD format for space considerations, but only if they come on BD. (Six and seven dvd releases, jeez....)
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne blu-rays? FINALLY Very Happy Take my money, Funi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8