• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2013 Season: Preview and Anticipation.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Forgot to say: I'm tentatively into Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Looks like a real scifi. It's a shame that the ships are all CG. Whether I watch the show hinges on whether or not I'm able to tolerate that.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to mention, Golden Time was made by the same guy who created Toradora.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a great fall so far. Better than last year.

Guaranteed:
Kill La Kill: Imaishi, Nakashima, Yoshinori, and Sushio. Nuff said.

Samurai Flamenco: The director did key on Gunbuster, so that's reason enough to be interested. Also there's not enough Super Sentai anime.

Valvrave Season 2: Come on, It's Valvrave Laughing

Kyousogiga: I liked the OVAs, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this director can make it into a series.

May watch:

Pupa: Was excited for this one, but then I read some of the manga and thought it was awful. May give it a few episodes

Blazblue: Alter Memory: I heard the story of the games is good, but Hoods hasn't done anything notable.

Coppelion: I love the art, but I hated K.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
From the lineup, I am looking forward to the following:

BlazBlue: Alter Memory : Not sure why but this series caught my interest after I checked out some of the footages from the game as well as the preview. Being a battle junkie sometimes, I tend to watch shows like this quite often.

Galilei Donna: Premise sounds interesting and oh, did I mention that Noitmania is involved in this? (same goes for Samurai Flamenco)

Nagi no Asukara: P.A. Works. That's enough to get me to watch this show. Glorious animation and OST. I've read some bits of the manga and after watching the latest PV earlier this week, I am definitely giving this one a shot.

Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai: Fan of the manga....

Golden Time: I'm not sure about JC Staff's involvement in this but I'll give this one a try since I did enjoy Toradora and the manga quite a bit. I haven't read the LN yet though.

Kill La Kill: TTGL director involved in this so it caught my interest.

Log Horizon: Eh, I'm not too sure on this but I'll give the first few episodes a try. SAO vibes are high here though.

Kyoukai no Kanata: Big fan of Kyoto Animation here and this looks something I am very interested in given its preview, premise, and artwork style. The characters looks appealing to me too along with the atmosphere.

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta: I enjoyed the way the movie was handled so I'll give this a try.

Kyousogiga(TV): I somewhat enjoyed the original series, but it would be nice if the story was executed better.

The following I have read either the LN/Manga so I'm going to see how well they will be adapted:

Coppelion
Tokyo Ravens
Strike the Blood
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Walkure Romanze

For sequels, I'll look forward to:

Infinite Stratos 2
Freezing Vibration
Phi Brain 3
Magi Season 2
Kuroko no Basket Season 2
Little Busters: Refrain
Valvrave the Liberator Second Season
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~

I'll give the others a try as well although I might follow the 3-episode drop rule here if it doesn't work out:

Outbreak Company
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Non Non Biyori
Diabolik Lovers
White Album 2
Pupa

Undecided

Meganebu!
Gundam Build Fighters
Yowamushi Petal
Daiya no A

Movies of interest:

Persona 3
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: Ghost Whispers
Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin
Code Geass Akito 2
Sakasama no Patema

As regarding OVAs....

Will definitely watch the following: Chihayafuru OVA, My Romantic Comedy SNAFU OVA, Maken Ki OVA (maybe)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
so many anime too watch in fall. omg

too bad i can't watch those Persona 3, Kara no Kyoukai, Madoka movie. because i don't live in Japan. I guess i can wait for next year for them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Say, wasn't the new Fafner anime supposed to air this fall?

At any rate, Infinite Stratos, Gundam, and Valvrave, hell yeah.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
For sure watching

Blazblue Alter Memory
- I enjoyed the games and I hope the anime stays true to them
Freezing Vibration
- tbh I really enjoy the Freezing manga and the e-pandora arc is good
Galilei Donna
- Seems interesting, the designs look cute at least
Infinite Stratos 2
- My body is ready for country wars
Kill La Kill
- I feel like this is being overhyped but I'll give it a watch
Kyoukai No Kanata
- I've enjoyed the last few LN anime Kyoani has done
Kyousogiga
- I've been waiting since I watched the first ova for a full t.v series

Might check out

Coppelion
- Looks interesting but I heard that the story kinda gets boring
Golden Time
- Ugh.. please don't turn in to Toradora because I hated Toradora
Log Horizon
- I enjoyed Maou and it's by the same writer, so it can't be that bad?
Outbreak Company
- Might be good, at the very least it'll be one of those back burner shows for me.
Annblob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Nagi no Asukara - looks beautiful.
Kyoukai no Kanata - I'll watch (almost) anything Kyoani. I'll be honest.
Golden Time - because college.
Kill la Kill - because animation.
Kyousougiga - Don't know much about it, but looks interesting.
Non Non Biyori - I like rural settings in anime, especially SOL. I hope it will remind me of my own days being a kid in the country.

Possibly watch:
Gingitsune
White Album 2
Samurai Flamenco

This is actually a huge list for me Very Happy
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
Whoa, next season looks awesome! Wish I had more time in the fall...

Will definitely watch:
Magi season 2: Because I loved the first season and am enjoying the manga, although I'm not caught up yet.
Valvrave season 2: Because I watched the first season so why not.
Samurai Flamenco: noitaminA and the art and premise look pretty awesome.
Galilei Donna: noitaminA and the story seems very interesting. They had me with "Galileo".
Gingitsune: I like these kinds of stories a lot. Smile

Will watch the first episode:
Nagi no Asukara: The promo looks stunning. I was disappointed by RDG, but P.A. Works still has a pretty good track record for me.
Kyoukai no Kanata: Promo looks great. I like the character designs. KyoAni's cool in my book.
Strike the Blood: Idk, I kinda like vampires. And that other vampire show looks disgusting.
Golden Time: Hey, college! I'm in college! Why not.
Pupa: The promo art looks gorgeous and the premise is interesting. However, I haven't heard good things about the manga and the name Studio DEEN on anything is not encouraging to me. We'll see.

I also have a passing interest in KILL la KILL, Coppelia, and that baseball show, but I'll wait for previews on those.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Post my quick thoughts on titles of interest:

-Nagi no Asukura- The PV's animation looked quite pleasing on the eyes. Looks like there's limited info on the premise. But considering what P.A. Works' done in the past for titles like Another and Hanasaku Iroha, I'll give it a look.

Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco- Part of the Noitmania block. Will at least be worth getting some sort of sneak peek.

Kyoukai no Kanata- Premise looks interesting on paper and the trailer has me interesting in seeing what unfolds with its supernatural elements.

Golden Time- College-aged students and romance. Why not?

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio - Ars Nova- Trailer makes quite the impressive with its high quality visuals and impressive animation. Premise seems standard, but I'll give it a shot to see if it hooks me.

Coppelion- I recall wanting to see this a few years ago, yet it vanished off the season roster for unknown reasons. Still have interest in the post-apocalyptic plot it's promising with its premise.

Pupa- Appears to be going for a dark and suspenseful storytelling route with the struggles of the siblings. Definitely has my interest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Like nearly everyone else, I'm hyped for Kill La Kill, and expect a big ol' bunch of fun from it. Kyoukai no Kanata and Samurai Flamenco also look rather interesting. Not sure what to make of Blazblue: After Memory yet, but I'll try to be optimistic.

Walkure Romanze had me with its premise and lost me with its genre. A shame, since I'd love to see a serious, non-fanservice laden show about jousting. Similarly I was intrigued by the promo art for Pupa, but one chapter of the manga was enough to quell my enthusiasm. Here's hoping it at least looks better than the manga's art?

Nagi no Asukara, Yowamushi Pedal, Gundam Build Fighters, Ace of Diamond and Kyousougiga also have me somewhat interested, though I've not got much in the way of expectations.

I can guarantee I won't be watching Wanna Be The Strongest In The World though.
thewrll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
All of the anime sound amazing. The number 1 anime I am looking forward to is Outbreak Company. I love how it starts off moe but develops into an anime dealing with much more complex issues such as ethnic discrimination.
Sylpher3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
Wow, just seen the chart. That’s about 40+ TV-shows for upcoming fall. Is that a record?

Well, I’ll definitely watch all sports anime (Ace Diamond, Kuroko Basketball 2, Hajime no Ippo rising, Yowamushi pedal). The rest (minus sequels) will be decided after previews and first episodes airings.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... Could be quite an interesting season. This is what I'll be watching:

Sequels:
Kuroko no Basket 2
Magi

Movies:
Patema Inverted.
Chuunibyou

The series that interest me the most:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Samurai Flamenco. This looks like a lot of fun.
Meganebu. This is a pure guilty pleasre..
Wanna Be the Strongest. As is this.
Kill La Kill.
Gallieli Donna
Golden Time. A college romance!!

Maybe if I have the time:
Ace of Diamond
Outbreak Company
Kikou Shoujo
Tokyo Ravens
Coppellion
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
What is Gundam Build Fighters? Sunrise is trying to sell even more Gundam toys, so they're making a show in which kids plastic toy model Gundams become full sized and fight each other. It just looks so wacky and toy-sellingly perfect! Laughing

Nothing looks particularly good this fall, which is a bummer, since spring and summer 2013 were so good. Noitamina shows are always worth a glance. and some of the other shows look okay, but the preview guide will be a much better source of info on what's really worth watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3