• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2013 Season: Preview and Anticipation.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
This could be a fantastic season. I could imagine myself watching as many as eight shows, which is a lot for me. That number will probably be whittled down, though also perhaps increased by something unexpected, but I'm feeling optimistic on net.

I've recently had my attention turned toward Kyousogiga, which I had overlooked before, but has such a strange, only partially decipherable premise that I almost can't resist giving it a look. The extended promotional video for the earlier project that it's based upon had a neat look and coolly weird feel. Besides, I want to give this Rie Matsumoto character a chance.

I'm also considering Yozakura Quartet, which by its description, doesn't seem like something I'd like, but the promotional video was so badass that it has my attention.

st_owly wrote:

The series that interest me the most:
Meganebu. This is a pure guilty pleasure..

I'll be watching this one too! It probably won't be a guilty pleasure for me, but I'm curious because it will be directed by Soubi Yamamoto, who has thus far directed only two strange, independent animations and some unlisted shorts. I've only seen This Boy Can Fight Aliens, but while roughly hewn, she seems odd enough to make a doofy fetish show potentially more interesting. She's making quite a potentially dramatic leap.

st_owly wrote:
Wanna Be the Strongest. As is this.

How interesting. Judging from the promo, since removed from Youtube, I assume that you're looking for a home course in female copulatory vocalization.

Contrary to my earlier protestations, I've been thinking of watching this too. It wouldn't quite be a guilty pleasure, although I will feel guilty, but more as a kind of self-conscious 'slumming', a little like I did with Senran Kagura in the spring season. I can't resist keeping up with this side of the medium from time to time. I hope this won't end up as boring as Senran Kagura did by the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
Why is everyone considering movies? Patema Inverted looks amazing and Madoka has the potential to be mind blowingly awesome, but neither will be available to the English speaking world, legally or otherwise, for about a year or so. It's kind of depressing to put them in the same category as shows that might be simulcast.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
ok, just a quick run through of the list, and this is what I'm considering

Shows that I'm definitely going to try
Outbreak Company:very bizarre premise, but sounds like fun
[b]IS Season 2
: I liked the first season
Log Horizon: no real reason. just want to try it
Wanna be the strongest: Why not
Ace of Diamond: I like baseball
Freezing Vibration: I liked the first season
Kill La Kill: Trigger and Gurren Lagann staff.
Unbreakable Machine Doll: looks interesting
Non Non Biyori: I like like slice of life
Galilei Donna"noitaminA
Samurai Flamenco: Also NoitaminA
Arpeggio of Blue Steel:anthropomorphic submarines? what could go wrong?
Golden Time:A show not set in high school, and ToraDora's author
Strike the Blood:looks interesting
Kyokai no Kanata: I've liked every Kyoani show I've seen so far, so I'll try it
Coppelion: Summary sounds interesting
Nokome: the title alone makes it sound like it will be fun
White Album 2: Dropped the second half of White Album, but since these are new characters, I'll try it
Little Busters: refrain: didn't think little busters was any good, but i do want to know what is going on.
Walkure Romanze: It wasn't very good, but I did like Princess Lover. this is also by Ricotta, and it does look interesting. May suck, but I want to give it a chace
Super Seisyun Brothers: Looks promising
It's not on the list, but Aikatsu Season 2: I like season 1

Shows that I'm not sure about
Nagi No Asakura: Wiki says they live underwater
Meganebu: this is not targeted at me, but I am kinda curious
Tokyo Ravens
Gingitsune
Miss Monochrome: I dont know what this is
Seiyuu Sentai Voicetorm 7: voice acting heroes.
Pupa
Diabolik Lovers: again, not targeted at me, but I am kinda curious

So as of now, with Space Bros and Monogatari season 2 as carryovers from summer, that makes 24 shows that I will definitely be watching. that's 4 less than summer.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Currently I'm most interested in Samurai Flamenco, which looks like it could be a fun sentai super-hero romp. And its been picked up by Crunchyroll.

I'm also sort of interested in Log Horizon. Its premises sounds somewhat interesting. But its not been announced for simulcast yet.

We're also getting a new season of Hajime no Ippo/Fighting Spirit. But I'm not holding my breath on that getting simulcasted.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
So far Gingitsune looks promising Galilei Donna - Storia di tre sorelle a caccia di un mistero seems like something inventive and the fact that it's directed by the director of Kite gives me hope.

Outbreak Company sounds awful but it's based on a light novel by the author of Scrapped Princess so I am cautiously optimistic but it sounds like a complete wish fulfillment fantasy. It's been a minute since I've seen a Kyoto Animation series and Beyond the Boundary could be good.

I just saw the trailer for Non Non Biyori getting some real good Strawberry Marshmallow vibes from it also Studio Silver Link I'll watch almost anything they work on. So Fall looks promising or at least interesting.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Okay, here's what I'm watching:

* Miss Monochrome: The fact that the episodes are only 5 minutes is rather disappointing, but it does leave time for the pathetic crap I have to do.
* Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! A.K.A. Kinnikuman with Tits: Morbid curiosity, if nothing else.
* Golden Time: A an anime rom-com where the characters are actually NOT in high school? At least it's got slightly more mainstream appeal.
* Gingitsune: I'm a sucker for supernatural comedies.
* Galilei Donna: Misremembered and though that the animation for the next was for this. Still, I put it on the list for the plot.
* Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Love the animation in the preview, so I had to check it out. And last, but not least...
* Kill la Kill: I really enjoyed Little Witch Acedemia, so Trigger's first full series has my expectations high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm eager to see Kill La Kill , because TTGL staff, Little Busters Refrain because angst, and Strike The Blood because vampires. :'D
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Strike The Blood because vampires. :'D

I suggest you watch Diabolik Lovers Wink
spacenoid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Definetly interested in the new Ippo and Kuroko!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

It looks too much like Vampire Knight though. :/
Mind you, I do like VK...but these two look SO similar...yeah, I don't know....
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

You're a meanie Laughing

Chiibi wrote:

Nah, this is much worse. It's a submission fetish thing, so unless you like the idea of a bunch of guys abusing and dominating a girl who does nothing to stop them, avoid. (Like the one guy who calls himself "oresama" says "I'll be your first everything" and bites her neck while she cries feebly for him to stop. That's pretty much the entire show.)
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Hehe I was just kidding. Like Rheiders said, this one is much worse.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

You're a meanie Laughing

Chiibi wrote:

Nah, this is much worse. It's a submission fetish thing, so unless you like the idea of a bunch of guys abusing and dominating a girl who does nothing to stop them, avoid. (Like the one guy who calls himself "oresama" says "I'll be your first everything" and bites her neck while she cries feebly for him to stop. That's pretty much the entire show.)

D: dear God, that's terrible. This is the exact thing I hate. Thanks for warning me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3