• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suzuka.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azathrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Azathrael wrote:
Suzuka, along with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, is one of THE most cliche examples of Korean dramas. I wouldn't be surprised if both anime were ripped off from various Korean dramas and compiled together. I'm not saying they're lacking originality or that they're not good anime; just that I've seen a lot of these to know the pattern.

Hm.. you know, now that I think about it. The one and only Korean romantic comedy I've seen and can remember is My Sassy Girl. And thinking about Suzuka and the girl from that movie, I see a lot similiarties in terms of character. I never would've thought of that till you mentioned this. Thanks Razz. Love that movie, by the way. It's my favorite romantic comedy of any language (though aside from Hollywood, Hong Kong, and a few Japanese, that's not too many in the first place Anime smallmouth).

Likewise. I'm a major fan of the female actress who played the "The Girl" role. I don't think any comedy movie can beat that one. Did you know that "My Sassy Girl" is based on a true story written by "Gyun Woo" (from the movie; he used his real first name)? He first published it online about his own relationship with the girl, got recognized, then got a contract to make the movie. The reason you never find out her name in the online story or the movie is because she'd probably kill him if he did. Smile
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote
Ha, ha. Yeah, I heard that movie was based on a true story, but when I saw it, I just couldn't believe all of that happened in real life. I mean, the content just seemed too good to be true, like something you'd see in a movie, let alone have it actually be adapted into one Anime hyper. That guy must have some extremely good karma...
Azathrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote
Actually my cousin's exactly like her... She's hilarious, but having that kind of personality isn't good for other people... I heard her boyfriend gets strangled all the time. :O

Personally, I like the Aoi type. Smile

/getting so off-topic...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4