• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Not So Daily Link of the Day Discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quote
Not so Daily Link for Monday, December 5, 2005.
Quote:
Not so Daily Link of the Day: Koge Donbo's Harry Potter Fan Site (2005-12-05 10:54:28)
Koge Donbo, creator of Di Gi Charat, is a big fan of Harry Potter.

I've always wanted to discuss the "not so daily link" but there's never any link to discuss the link on the main page like there is with other articles, so that's why I made this post!

Regarding the above Not So Daily Link, it just makes me wish more and more that there were a Harry Potter anime! The art looks awesome, and I could easily picture a Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone anime made using those character models. Obviously, they need to be made to look older for the later books, but, ya...bring on the Harry Potter anime Very Happy
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
A Harry Potter anime would be great, but I had a sort of different kind of character design in mind. The art was beautiful. I really like the picture on the home page. I like the way Ron was drawn, at least he looks very realistic. The others are just drawn.......cute!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree with the sentiment that a Harry Potter anime would be great... or rather could be great.

But unless JK Rowling signs off on an official adaptation of the books, I'm pretty certain that we won't see any sort of original anime story.

And obviously, if she ever signs off on an anime adaptation, she'll wait till the book and movie sales have cooled a bit. But if I were in charge of a big budget anime studio I'd certainly be trying to get a discussion going.

-t
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
Ah! I've had those picture sitting on my harddrive for ages! Never knew they were done by someone so proffesional. I thought they were just some talented non-professional Japanese fanart. Thanks for enlightening me ANN!
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
if I were in charge of a big budget anime studio I'd certainly be trying to get a discussion going.

-t

Which studio do you think could produce the best adaptation?
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:16 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see Madhouse or BONES do it since they're everyone's favorites anyway and produce a lot of high-quality mainstream anime.

I would drool for Production I.G to produce the series, but they tend more towards high-end "serious" works so they might not capture the flavor of HP the way I want to see it.

Just not Studio DEEN or Bee Train, because the last thing I need is HP reduced to stiff, eye-bleeding stereotypical fantasy.
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't been to Koge Donbo's Potter site in a few years. Glad she's kept it going (love her artwork).

As for the new link, ANN needs to make a correction. The word is "LEGO." It's an adjective and should never be pluralized (the company is the LEGO Group and the toys are LEGO Bricks). It's also officially all caps when printed. In every day conversation I'll say "Legos" just like everyone else, but for a news service, they should try to follow the proper form.

I'll definitely be picking up these new sets. The builds themselves look okay, but not spectacular. The new minifigs, on the other hand, look awesome, and there seems to be some good parts in the sets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1