• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Del Rey Launching Mature Line

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dejiko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
atomisk04 wrote:
this is kinda off topic...but what negima debacle are u talking about? i own the series so wondering what it is

Originally, a couple of modifications were deemed necessary for N-American release. Del Rey rectracted their plans when it became obvious that an edited version would sell less copies among fans and give them a bad start. Therefore, they opted for a shrinkwrap and 'mature' sticker instead (something CMX never quite got the hang of). The story and its follow-up can be read here.
Karala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Karala wrote:
Bigger doesn't mean better. Rolling Eyes

And niether does cheaper, though I couldn't comment on the quality of any of the titles as I don't read manga.
Err, I never said cheaper ment better, but it does help with me being willing to buy the manga. If it's pre-wrapped so I can't even see the art, or read a few pages to see if I like it they aren't going to get my money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3