• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon The Origin Anime Special's Video, Visual, Characters Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'm starting to get worried at the amount of attention The Pokémon Company is giving the older generations, when we are so close to a new one:

- This summer's movie's main stars were Genesect, the last Mythical Pokémon of Generation V and...Mewtwo. All previous movies that came out just before a new generation featured a brand new species (Movie 2 = Lugia, Movie 5 = Latias and Latios, Movie 8 = Lucario, Movie 13 - Zoroark). Sure, it's a new Mega Evolution, but it's still Mewtwo, an old Pokémon.
- The most hyped new feature of XY is the "Mega Evolutions" of older Pokémon. How about some big hype for new species of Pokémon?
- This special is airing 10 days before XY is released. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have an XY special instead, then save something like this for the franchise's 20th anniversary in 3 years?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Gonna be good!

...Though the detail is even more lackluster than the current anime's...

too true .especially since more people was actually looking forwards of a possible Black & White version 2 anime special featuring both of the game's male and female protagonists
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Expias

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I understand that it is a special... but did they say how long it'd be? I mean it seems to span Red's beginning and the Elite Four..?
Jave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Wouldn't it have made more sense to have an XY special instead, then save something like this for the franchise's 20th anniversary in 3 years?

XY is getting a whole anime and gets to be the star of the actual main anime, why does it need a one off special? Laughing
Lann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if its been mentioned, but I'll still interested in how the pokemon will SOUND. As in, I highly doubt they will be saying their names. I expect them to make more naturally sounding animal noises
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
^ Adaptations of the game cries would be interesting, but saying their names was never a put-off to me.

My real hope is that there's no Team Rocket in this, seeing as Team Rocket was about 95% of the reason why the Pokemon anime wasn't very good.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
...I'll still interested in how the pokemon will SOUND. As in, I highly doubt they will be saying their names. I expect them to make more naturally sounding animal noises

I think we'll still be hearing most of them saying their names.
Plus, there are already Pokemon that have natural animal sounds, like Pidgeotto and Ursaring.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Well this is interesting to read and hear. Can't wait to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kh_gal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
How is it an insult to Kusaka's series if it's directly adapting the games?

I didn't know it was adapting the games. I thought it was adapting the special when I was originally told about it. I was away from the computer.

Juno016 wrote:
Blame some of the fanbase for getting excited and making assumptions, even when the first site to give out the info had already said that the main character chose a Hitokage/Charmander to start his journey with.

At this point I do, because I was given incorrect information. I made a mistake so shoot me. But still, this does not change my opinion, which I am entitled to have. The character designs look very poor in comparison to the original game art.

Crispy45 wrote:
>_> Special fans are literally the worst part of the Pokemon franchise.. now they're even sayin it's the ORIGINAL DESIGNS over the actual game's official artwork x_x; and yall need to stop referring to it as "THE MANGA" since there's 40 different Pokemon manga in Japan. it's not even the most iconic manga in Japan which would be the regular gag manga that was the only manga to ever be referenced in the actual anime.

And now that is just plain rude. I am VERY well aware that the art by Mato is NOT the original designs over the game's official artwork, and I know that because I love pokemon so much, whether it be the anime, the books, or the games. Special is just another way of enjoying Pokemon. Personally, I felt it was the best adaption of the games, but that's just me. It's merely an opinion. When I first heard about this I was not near a computer and was told it was a Special adapation, which I discovered to be incorrect. I am sure this Origin project will be an enjoyable version of the franchise.

And how do you know Special is not the most iconic manga in Japan? If it wasn't popular it wouldn't be ongoing and have 40+ ongoing volumes.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
^ Adaptations of the game cries would be interesting, but saying their names was never a put-off to me.

My real hope is that there's no Team Rocket in this, seeing as Team Rocket was about 95% of the reason why the Pokemon anime wasn't very good.

Unfortunately IT WILL HAPPEN!

If Giovanni is there, So will Team Rocket. Though there could be a chance that this OVA special will feature his mother Lady Boss coud be there and i have a nasty suspicion that Agatha is actually lady boss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Even if it isn't based on Special, I still want to see Yellow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Even if it isn't based on Special, I still want to see Yellow.

Doubt they'll introduce yellow. though i wont be surprised they do one for crystal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3