• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Sailor Moon SuperS eps on YTV (also Sugar on the Zone)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay, they're not really "new" episodes, but Stephanie "Sugar" Beard announced on the Zone this afternoon that YTV will run the remaining 5 episodes of Sailor Moon SuperS starting Monday at 7 p.m. Eastern & Pacific.

Also, I didn't realize it until she told us this afternoon, but "Sugar" is, in fact, the voice of "Reeny"/Sailor Mini-Moon. (I haven't watched the Zone much since the days of P.J. "Fresh Phil" Guererro and "Snit", but lately I've started watching again, if only for the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory.) You mean that's her real voice? Before she mentioned she was Reeny, I sort of assumed they were using some sort of voice altering device, like the one Ron Oliver used when he was the voice of "Snit" back in tha dayz. Or, at the very least, I thought she maybe sucked baloonfulls of helium before going to air. I looked up Stephanie Beard in the IMDB.com and she's also a radio host in Toronto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Whitestar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:33 am Reply with quote
On the radio show she's on, they did a Sailor Moon parody (where they actually called her "Sailor Chibi Moon"), as well as a parody of "Real Slim Shady." It was just funny to hear Rini's voice saying "I'm Sugar Baby, the real Sugar Baby, and all Sugar Babies are just imitating, and will the real Sugar Baby please jump up, please jump up, please jump up!" I could just picture Rini doing that! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Does she actually talk like Reeny all the time, other than for skits, on her radio show, or is it just a voice she puts on for YTV? Not that I'm being critical of her voice in any way; a tiny percentage of adult women do have voices as high as hers. It's kind of cute actually. I guess she's just the Canadian equivalent of Yeardley Smith, who really does sound like Lisa Simpson, at least in everything else I've ever seen her in (Maximum Overdrive and the Mathnet story with the gorilla).

Also, does she always wear horizontal stripes in real life, or does she just wear them on the Zone, as my brother and I speculate, to hide her boobies? (They didn't pretend Phil or his fill-in Paul weren't adult.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Whitestar wrote:

On the radio show she's on, they did a Sailor Moon parody (where they actually called her "Sailor Chibi Moon"), as well as a parody of "Real Slim Shady." It was just funny to hear Rini's voice saying "I'm Sugar Baby, the real Sugar Baby, and all Sugar Babies are just imitating, and will the real Sugar Baby please jump up, please jump up, please jump up!" I could just picture Rini doing that! Very Happy

Scary thought #172. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Also, does she always wear horizontal stripes in real life, or does she just wear them on the Zone, as my brother and I speculate, to hide her boobies? (They didn't pretend Phil or his fill-in Paul weren't adult.)

Hmm... more information about her "boobies" than you probably want to know.

Browsing the Google Newsgroup archives for more info (I was searching using only the search terms "Stephanie Beard" and "voice", by the way, not "boobies"), according to several posts in alt.fan.sailormoon, as part of a radio stunt or something she got her nipple pierced in Florida! (There's another scary thought for you, Ataru; Chibi-Usa with nipple rings. Not that there aren't already 100 Japanese doujinshi sites with pics like that.) Now I can understand why YTV trys so hard to camouflage her "boobies", so you can't make out the studs.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Browsing the Google Newsgroup archives for more info (I was searching using only the search terms "Stephanie Beard" and "voice", by the way, not "boobies"), according to several posts in alt.fan.sailormoon, as part of a radio stunt or something she got her nipple pierced in Florida! (There's another scary thought for you, Ataru; Chibi-Usa with nipple rings. Not that there aren't already 100 Japanese doujinshi sites with pics like that.) Now I can understand why YTV trys so hard to camouflage her "boobies", so you can't make out the studs.

*LOL* Actally that was #159. Camouflageing the "Chest area", huh. That explains why most of the older Baywatch member wear nipple covers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1