• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam UC Model Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote
"Thanks for entering! The winners will be announced on March 26!"
chronium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:10 am Reply with quote
I noticed that as well Laughing
stararnold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote
It's not everyday ANN gives away for free, stuff other than DVDs. Since I have been a "Gundam" fan for years and like collecting sci-fi model kits, I decided "okay, I gotta' enter this", and I did, although I already purchased the HG Unicorn Gundam (unicorn mode) model kit at the Montreal-based store Sci-fi Anime year ago, but at least it's fun to customize with alternate color schemes.

Look forward to seeing who are the lucky winners.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I didn't hesitate to enter, not least because this is the first competition I recall that offers worldwide shipping. It intrigues me that such a commendable change in regulations has occurred.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GW-9800

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Entered as well. Haven't touched a model kit in years. Hopefully that will change with this Razz
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I entered. I've never a won any sort of contest in my life but god damn, those Models. I want that Unicorn Destroy bad.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
Entered, worth a shot. Good luck all.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
The chance for free stuff, why would i not enter? Nice to see that the contest is not exclusive to the US/Canada this time, i guess that has to do with the revamping of ANN Australia/UK.
kgw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Worldwide? Count me in!

Nice idea from ANN, btw.
anime engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
this is my first contest and i am super excited Anime smile gundam is a big time favorite too
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote
The reason for the international shipping is quite simple. Bandai Visual is sponsoring this contest and they want to promote Gundam Unicorn internationally.

Furthermore, shipping to the USA or to Kenya makes no difference to them, it's all international.

Most of our contests are sponsored by US companies that 1) get no benefit promoting internationally, 2) might be stepping on the toes of other licensees and their licensor if they do promote internationally, 3) spend a lot less to ship to North America.

That said, I'd definitely like to do more international contests. I was very happy when BV accepted my proposal.

With the way the anime industry is moving, I think there will be more international contests in the future, but most will remain limited to specific markets.

We're also likely to do UK/IE and AU/NZ specific contests in the future (sorry peeps outside those territories).

-t
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Well I entered, though I never win these things. When someone does win though, do they at least send you an e-mail or something to let you know?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:
Well I entered, though I never win these things. When someone does win though, do they at least send you an e-mail or something to let you know?

Nah, they just send ya the package so it would be a surprise on your doorstep! Laughing
Shizuo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
Was there supposed to be any questions or anything? Or is it one of those contests where you just sign your name and people get chosen at random? I'm a little confused Confused
Also, I'm confused by the date that the winners will be announced, March has already passed Confused
Other than that, good luck everyone.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:31 am Reply with quote
Alright! A chance to whip out the model glue again, get dizzy, pass out, and find 15 parts glued to my face.

If I don't win, well, I'll have a tough time explaining why 15 parts are glued to my face, but I'm sure I can swing it.

Thanks for the opportunity, ANN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2