• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RWBY (Web Series).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I was actually thinking of Kill la Kill this week. One character in particular for obvious reasons. spoiler[Overpowered girl in pink fighting with a parasol.]
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP, that last scene. At first, both last week and this week, I thought she might be spoiler[Ruby's mother], especially since her mask is reminiscent of (non-anime) spoiler[Hiccup's mother's mask from How to Train Your Dragon 2], but since spoiler[Ruby's younger, Yang should recognize Ruby's mother]. Given Yang's reaction, though, as well as spoiler[her eyes and voice], I now think that she's spoiler[Ruby from the future].

Also, is it just me, or is spoiler[Torchwick exactly where he wants to be]?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
HOLY CRAP, that last scene. At first, both last week and this week, I thought she might be spoiler[Ruby's mother], especially since her mask is reminiscent of (non-anime) spoiler[Hiccup's mother's mask from How to Train Your Dragon 2], but since spoiler[Ruby's younger, Yang should recognize Ruby's mother]. Given Yang's reaction, though, as well as spoiler[her eyes and voice], I now think that she's spoiler[Ruby from the future].

I have done some looking around before, it seems that it is spoiler[most likely Yang's mother]. This comes from the fact that the picture spoiler[Yang used earlier for looking for her mother was one] Monty had made called Transient Princess. Apparently the feather spoiler[like hair of the picture and the woman we similar]. This also fits into what we had seen that spoiler[Yang is strangely inhuman, that her red eyes and getting stronger is a trait and not just a stylistic choice, the woman had red eyes]. I would not be surprised if spoiler[she is something like part Grimm].

It was a cool finale, Torchwick looked especially in a Joker sort of way. And the extra team too spoiler[(CFVY)], although they teased us over spoiler[what Velvet is capable of]. Can't wait for more.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:18 am Reply with quote
Incredible season 2 finale.
So we saw spoiler[team CFWY battle, the return of Adam and Yang's mother.]

Can't wait for season 3.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
If that was spoiler[Yang's mom, she looks a helluvalot like Ruby. And, like some others, I originally thought it was Ruby's mom.] I guess we'll have to wait until next season to find out what's going on with that. :/
komacki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
RIP Monty.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
^In response to that vague post and for people looking for more information here's Rooster Teeth's website update. Very very sad indeed, RIP
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, that is so sad. My deepest condolences to his friends and family!

He will definitely be missed. It was his vision that helped create RWBY, a show I've really come to enjoy. I would hope that the series continues in some fashion, but even if it doesn't I appreciate his hard work and dedication to give us what we have.

RIP, Monty Oum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see RWBY continue, but maybe it's for the best if it doesn't. Most works of art suffer when their original creative artist is no longer around, for whatever reason, to continue the effort.

But, as willag said, whether or not it continues, I thank Oum for what we did manage to get, which was pretty amazing, IMO.

RIP Marty Oum.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
So I went ahead and merged my thread from the Community forums to this thread in the Anime forums. Since the Community forums thread was created first, it's the first post of the thread.

Anyways, as for the real reason I made this post, Gray Haddock (voice of Torchwick and Head of Animation) made a post a couple of days ago about RWBY.

Quote:
Hello everyone-

Given the excitement and questions that came out of PAX East over the weekend (sorry we couldn't be there!), maybe now would be a good time to talk briefly about the future of RWBY's production.

RWBY Volume 3 will indeed premiere this year. While the animation crew is hard at work on RvB13, RWBY is returning to the early stages of pre-production. Kerry and Miles are getting ready to dive into the scripts, and I'm talking to the guys about pre-viz. Meanwhile, Shane's already choreographing a new fight sequence (Argh - want to tease this matchup so much! Let's just say Yang intends to teach someone a well-deserved lesson), and our tenacious tech team is getting the production pipeline ready.

For those wondering, Monty was heavily involved in shaping the future of the world of Remnant. His story ideas will live on, and you will also be able to see some of the animation he'd begun working on for Volume 3. For some time, the team has known the direction in which the next volumes will be headed, and Rooster Teeth is committed to bringing these tales to you.

So, while it's too early to go into any further detail, be assured that the adventures of Ruby Rose and her friends will continue as planned. 'Til then, please keep sharing your writing, art and photos. They mean so much, now more than ever. They keep us going, and we love seeing them as much as we love sharing our stories with you.

Warm regards,
Gray, Kerry, and Miles

So it is returning later on this year. I'll be keeping up with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
Good luck, Rooster Teeth. I'm sure it's painful working on RWBY, as it probably is like a constant reminder of someone no longer with you. But it's good that you're determined to see Monty's vision live on. RWBY is a great show, and I look forward to seeing what happens next.
komacki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
They announced the Japanese VAs for team RWBY: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/06/09/japanese-rwby-cast-listed

Good work WB Japan, good work.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd figure that since there's been some voice acting announcements going on in Japan I would add that Jen Brown (voice of Pyrhha) and Kara Eberle (voice of Weiss) have recently started doing recording for their respective characters.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
ANN has already covered the announcement and you can find further discussion here.

This is Anime News Network, after all. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
komacki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I looked for a story about it on here or a thread in /anime about it but didn't see anything, so that's why I posted the link.

edit - Nevermind, I see why I didn't see a story about it assuming the forum dates/times are also EDT. But thanks for the link to the discussion on the other board either way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 19