• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RWBY (Web Series).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:14 am Reply with quote
Volume 4 episode 1 and 2

So we get to see more of the Team RWBY Post-Fall of Beacon.

spoiler[Ruby is plagued with nightmares over the death of Pyrrha.
Weiss deals with her father who seems to care more about profits of his company rather than the fact his nation's relationships with the other kingdoms have suffered since the Fall of Beacon.
Blake has become paranoid and heads to her home to find some peace.
And Yang is depressed and suffers from PTSD.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
While not having the same excitement as last season, Volume 4 still ended with a good fight and good note.spoiler[ Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren and Qrow finally made it to Mistral which unknown to them the Principal there is working with Salem. At the same time, Yang and Weiss heads to Mistral while Blake prepares to take back the White Fang from Adam.]

Since Volume 5 will be out this Fall, i hope there will be more action for the new season.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Schmengland wrote:
Well, RWBY volume 4 is over. It had a little less action and was less impactful than volume 3--though, to be fair, that's a pretty high bar. I'm okay with it. I see this as something of a transition in the story, wherein all the baggage weighing everyone down from the fallout of volume 3 was addressed. The pacing for this was pretty phenomenal, I think--and the show just looks so much better at this point. Once we hit volume 5, we'll really be in business.

The summation of my thoughts, as posted on another forum.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
Volume 5 Episode 1 is now available to watch to regular Rooster Teeth users.

spoiler[Qrow, Ruby and her friends finally arrived at Mistral but learn from Mistral headmaster, Professor Lionhart, they have a shortage of Hunters to help them due to the events of Volume 3. Blake is warned by Ilia to not interfere with the local White Fang branch and tells her to leave. And Yang is meeting her mother and Oscar aka Ozpin 2.0 introduces himself to Ruby and her friends.]
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I found the OP very interesting...

I'm guessing it's Spring facing off against Cinder, and I feel I should recognize the guy manipulating Lionheart.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quote
Well I will be watching this via Crunchyroll to have it played naturally on my tv via my xbox, so a slight delay for me. But just watched the first episode of volume 5, and it does feel like there has been a bit of a visual improvement, and a choice like using 2d art for setting shots, like some general population. Hopefully this season will be more exciting, waiting for the gang to get back together. Also, totally shipping Ruby and Oscar that that.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 am Reply with quote
I didn't like the new opening--not visually, anyway. It didn't flow well as a montage--and to be fair, the one for volume 4 was also a step down from that of volumes 2 and 3. The songs are also getting less and less memorable, in spite of being good on their own as songs.

A good episode otherwise. I like that they're getting longer--like, full-television-time-slot longer. Next one might well be shorter, but this one had the time needed to give us status updates on each of the four mains without being hopelessly rushed. There was no stand-out introductory action sequence this time around, but that's okay; I see it as a sign of maturity and convention-breaking in favour of the plot. At least we still got to see spoiler[Yang punching a guy clear in to next week]. Dialogue and delivery were a bit awkward in parts, though, and while I appreciate that they're trying to re-introduce some levity after the almost-wholly sombre experience of volume 4, attempts at humour feel just a little bit out-of-place for the over-all tone. Maybe it's just a matter of getting re-accustomed.

A fairly solid start for the season. Quality-wise, it has some competition in The Ancient Magus' Bride and the forthcoming Violet Evergarden. I'm sure it'll hold its own one way or the other.

And, I hope Ruby doesn't get with Oscar--or anybody, for that matter. I've always seen her as exceedingly aromantic, and concerned with simple, cutesy things like weapons and BFF's. If she does get with someone, it had better be Weiss.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote
Volume 5 Ep 2 is now out.
spoiler[So we find out why Lionheart is working with Salem.
Cinder can now speak and is heading to Raven's location to get the Spring Maiden.
Weiss' airship gets attack by Grimm Hornets where she defeats them including summoning her Knight to kill the Queen Hornet. However, her ship gets damaged and crashes where she is later found by Raven and her tribe.
And the leader of the White Fang, Sienna Khan, criticized Adam for his actions for the White Fang's involvement in the Fall of Beacon as it now makes humans hate Faunus even more and leads them to a war they cannot win. When she refuses to work with Salem, Adam launches a Coup D'e tat and kills Sienna to take over the White Fang much to Hazel's anger since he wanted her to join their group without bloodshed.
Poor Sienna. She has a cool design.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am Reply with quote
Volume 5 Ep 3.
spoiler[Ghira denounces Adam and his followers after revealing evidence to the public that he is planning a coup to overthrow the current leader of the White Fang and attack Haven Academy.
At Raven's camp, Weiss meets Vernal, who may be the Spring Maiden and plans to escape.
And Team RNJR learns about how Ozpin ended up in Oscar.]
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure that spoiler[she is the Spring Maiden, did you see the flower tattoo on her arm?]
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
Volume 5 Ep 3.
spoiler[Vernal, who may be the Spring Maiden and plans to escape.
]

The Vernal Equinox aka the beginning of Spring...
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
Volume 5 Ep 4
Ruby and Oscar train in hand to hand combat.
spoiler[Freezerburn shiptease!
And we might learn why Raven has an animosity with Ozpin.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Volume 5 Ep 5-8.
So a lot of stuff happen.
spoiler[Yang and Weiss learns from Raven she despises Ozpin for using her and her brother in his plans to fight Salem.
Yang and Weiss reunite with Ruby at Mistral Academy.
Ozpin reveals he is in fact the wizard who gave the first Maidens their powers.
Meanwhile in Menagerie, White Fang extremists loyal to Adam launched a insurrection to kill Blake's father and former White Fang leader Ghira whose challenging Adam for leadership in the White Fang.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 am Reply with quote
Volume 5 Episode 9-14
Possibly has one of the best fights in the show.
spoiler[As expected, Raven and Vernal works with Cinder and her gang fighting against Ruby and her friends. We also learn what Jaune's semblance is. Meanwhile, Adam and his White Fang plans to blow up Haven Academy only to be confronted by Blake, her parents and their friends and Faunus followers after his attempt to assassinate the Belladonnas fails.
Cinder betrays Raven and Vernal to take the Spring Maiden's powers for herself only to learn Raven is the real Spring Maiden where they proceed to get into the best fight of the season which ends with Cinder dead.
The Volume ends with Raven has a Heroic BSOD after her daughter Yang confronts her over her hypocrisy and selfishness which makes her give up her plan to steal the Relic and let Yang take it, Adam and the rest of Cinder's group escaping, Lionheart is killed by Salem for his cowardice and the reunited Team RWBY and now heading to Atlas.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 19