• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RWBY (Web Series).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:31 am Reply with quote
I was hearing from my brother that some people were disappointed with volume 5, but personally I found it to be much better than the previous volume. It at least had the characters doing things, some growth that felt more tangible, and of course everyone meeting up. I was also noticing some really nice touches with the animation too.

It was fun. Kind of surprising that supposedly spoiler[Cinder was taken out], but questions that if she did spoiler[die, then her powers should have passed to someone else]. I was also thinking if it would be awkward that Jaune got his semblance, when it would have been really helpful last season for Qrow.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote
It's definitely a series best binged.
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Resurrecting a decade old thread here. Just watched the first season and have to say it's fascinating.

The CGI combined with traditional animation is..bizarre? I am enjoying the storyline and the action. RWBY are a fun group of fighting gals and the storyline certainly conforms to almost any other anime fighting school trope.
But the villain is out of A Clockwork Orange.
And the movement is...really strange. I love the images (the girls are all very striking) and the fighting is pretty amazing looking. But casual movements with the computer generated characters is so awkward its uncomfortable.

In the end I kinda love it except when they're just walking around. During those slow scenes it's just too strange to embrace. But in all other aspects it's delightful. And the intro song is one of my fav anime songs now.

Realizing there is disagreement over the "anime" status of this as it was produced in the US. It's more homage to anime than true anime. and a web series so most episodes are around 7 minutes long. But I found it still worth watching. Highly recommended as long as you expect the odd CGI.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 19 of 19