• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Poll: Biglobe's Most Popular Winter 2011 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
egoist wrote:
A list where Oniichan no crap beat a bunch of better shows doesn't look very reliable to me.
Oniichan no whatever isn't a moe show. It's comedy, and incest, flavored with loli.
Aha, hence explaining its strong position in a Biglobe poll.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
egoist wrote:
egoist wrote:
A list where Oniichan no crap beat a bunch of better shows doesn't look very reliable to me.
Oniichan no whatever isn't a moe show. It's comedy, and incest, flavored with loli.

I didn't see the appeal, the girls weren't cute "drawn cute" and I am a bit of siscon but it was just bleh. I didn't care for it at all and well there are better ones out there, but i guess it doesn't take much to please the hardcore fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
agila61 wrote:
egoist wrote:
egoist wrote:

I didn't see the appeal, the girls weren't cute "drawn cute" and I am a bit of siscon but it was just bleh. I didn't care for it at all and well there are better ones out there, but i guess it doesn't take much to please the hardcore fans.

It is not flavored with loli. I grew to like the character designs of the show. From what little I saw I liked bit, the unnecessary censorship had me shelve it until the BD rips start coming out.

Last edited by asimpson2006 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to see Madoka at the top of the chart-- it's like the little series that could. Now, if we can get a damn US license already!

I thought Beelzebub was more popular than that, though-- but actually, if this is based on a poll of adults, I can see why it didn't rank high, as it airs in a kids block. Which is too bad, because that show is damn funny.

Cecilthedarkknigh_234 wrote:
I am not a 100% on this though and hell i know this is a rumour but there is talk of doing a spin off to magical madako with no killing or horror since a lot fans complained about it, but that's all it is though a rumor

soooooo... Madoka Magica, except castrated of the things that made it unique?
sounds awesome -_-
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
Although I am surprised that Wandering Son and Fractale got like 2 digit ranks.

Noitamina shows. I think that's all I have to say about that.

there wasn't enough to exploit in the shows, hardcore otaku don't like a serious tone with their lolis or traps and they blew it off.

Wandering Son also aired in the same timeslot as Madoka and IS, the two most popular shows. People were probably watching those instead.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I am not a 100% on this though and hell i know this is a rumour but there is talk of doing a spin off to magical madako with no killing or horror since a lot fans complained about it, but that's all it is though a rumor.

It's not really a rumor though.
Shinbo said that he wanted to do a slice-of-life story for Madoka in an interview.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-03-18/shinbo-tomino-want-to-do-new-madoka-magica-ideon
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am Reply with quote
sounds more like shinbo is bemoaning that the chances of a madoka sequel are slim and that the way it will end kills off a chance of a sequel.

So of course a spin off where these characters can't die would be great for him! Yes it will lose everything that makes Madoka great but if he keeps one fifth of the fanbase that Madoka had it will still be the best selling show SHAFT will have outside of Madoka 1 and Bakemonogatari.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4