• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Remember Me" function not working

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I've always clicked "Remember Me" check-box when I logged in using my username, so that I can stay logged in for a couple weeks. But, this week, when I clicked "Remember Me" check-box and closed the site (while my username remains active on this site) and then returned a couple hours later, I was logged out (I didn't logged it out myself, this site did) even though I had "Remember Me" check-box on. It needs to be fixed. :/

I get tired of clicking login everytime I returned here after I closed this site (WHILE it has "Remember Me" check-box ON). Sad

EDIT: I came back to this site just now, and my username's changed back to Login Button again! I seriously want to keep my username to stay login while I'm away from this site. Sad
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post, but the whenever I come back to this site, it keeps rejecting my log-in, so I had to log-in again. All this WHILE I had "Remember Me" check-box ON.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
Sorry, I missed your first post.

This is an intermittent problem that has plagued the site for a long time and I've never been able to find the source, since it works fine for most people (incuding me). Can you please do the following and send me the results in a private message:

1. go to animenewsnetwork.com/meta/clear-cookies.php and copy-paste the results into nodepad (don't click any of the links yet)
2. logout and login with "remember me"
3. close all browser windows, re-open, go to ANN
4. are you auto-logged in? (if no, it means the auto-login never works; if yes, it means the auto-login expires too soon)
5. go to animenewsnetwork.com/meta/clear-cookies.php, copy-paste the results into nodepad, and click "fix cookies"
6. logout and login with "remember me"
7. close all browser windows, re-open, go to ANN
8. are you auto-logged in? (if yes, it means there was a cookie conflict; if no, continue to 9.)
9. go to animenewsnetwork.com/meta/clear-cookies.php, copy-paste the results into nodepad, and click "clear cookies"
10. logout and login with "remember me"
11. close all browser windows, re-open, go to ANN
12. are you auto-logged in? (if yes, it means there was some cookie problem; if no... I have no idea)

Please send me a PM with the result of each step; it would really help me to figure out this nagging problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1