• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which is better? Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, or Gintama?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

It's not an argument... it's just a contradiction!
I did!
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Naruto
21%
 21%  [ 37 ]
Bleach
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
One Piece
29%
 29%  [ 50 ]
Gintama
16%
 16%  [ 28 ]
I go WAH!
13%
 13%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 170

bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I have seen some to most of all of these, and I had to pick Naruto. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd be picking that for anything, but I am. The further into Gintama I got, the more I liked it, I never got into One Piece much, Bleach was steady and mostly good, but Naruto started and stayed strong for a long time...I found it the most enjoyable for the longest I guess...thus the vote!
Otishio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I voted for One Piece. I do watch One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto Shippuden. I haven't seen Gintama and I might end up loving it a lot if I ever get around to it but for now I haven't. Naruto, I hated the first series and I didn't really give it a second shot. But when Shippuden came out I really got into it. Missing what happened in the beginning made it confusing and I did look up the major points of the first series just to get an idea and I've been so interested in Shippuden. I like it but it's still just not my favorite. Bleach another one I really like but lately it's just been so predictable and not to mention it's a ton of fillers but the characters all look so nice and I like the arcs most of the time. Now, One Piece. At a first glance I was like "It looks really really strange." But now watching the entire series where it's up to I absolutely love everything about it. The characters are all amazing and all of them feel like they're real. The back stories and how they have developed are just amazing to me. I really have liked the show and I haven't really felt like an episode as just been terrible (though I still do feel like the arcs can sometimes go on for a really long time). Overall I really like the 3 of them that I watch but One Piece just comes out on top.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Overall, One Piece is better than Naruto. However, I do enoy reading the latter over the former a bit more.
Rockleelives!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
One Piece is probably the greatest battle manga of all time (sorry dbz).
I used to think One Piece was just meh until I actually took that time to read all the manga volumes instead of watching the crappy anime, and found the series incredibly rewarding. If you haven't read the manga... do it now!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quote
Bleach <3
Speaking of Bleach, will the anime ever make a return? o.o
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Speaking of Bleach, will the anime ever make a return? o.o

Maybe, maybe not.
kookykonata

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I prefer Gin-tama more than the other series' for many reasons.

- Although Gin-tama is also ridiculously long, the other series' feel as if they just drag on. It doesn't feel as bad in Gin-tama to me

-The quality of the animation compared to One Piece is much better, and easier to look at

-It's really funny with how random the series really is

-Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece all get really old after about their second season. Gin-tama is always having me laughing and wanting more, comparatively
lilaliu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:24 am Reply with quote
Very Happy I like one piece very much, especially luffy ...
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
I know it might buck the system, but I actually like Bleach the best out of these. At one point in time on this forum I took some flak for saying that I liked the philosophical plotlines in the series. Apparently it wasn't really taken well as some people perceive there as not being any, but I actually found that the series makes me think about how fleeting life really is. A human lifespan is rather short in the grand scheme of things, and if nothing else I think this is one thing that Bleach emphasizes quite well. At least, it does rather early on in the series.

Of course the ultraviolent aspects don't hurt at all either when it comes to me liking it.
Akakamereon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
from those four, i didn't watch Bleach

Naruto is the best when I am younger
Gintama is the best in comedy

but

One Piece is the best overall Very Happy
It have many genres ; adventures, comedy, mystery, ecchi, etc
It is like many animes combined into one anime
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, Akakamereon, I would argue that One Piece is certainly the most popular, but I could find aspects of Gintama and Naruto that fit the adventure, comedy, mystery and ecchi demographic. The idea that they are 'many anime combined into one' I think is a defining aspect of a number of these major successful shonen series.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
One Piece is still on the highest rank...Thank you...
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
Like I said before, One Piece certainly does well when it comes to the rankings, but I still don't see the series as mutually exclusive. I'm quite happy to be a fan of all these series. I don't think it causes any sort of internal friction or anything, since I don't really see them as competing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2