• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Exorcist (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swienke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Just so you know, Blood, Amaimon's the demon guy that Rin just fought. The woman's name is Shura, and she's a pretty fun character, although I wish that she would wear more clothes. Of course, I'm sure you think the opposite Laughing

Quote:

The show's okay, I guess. It's not one of the ones where I try to watch the latest episode as soon as it comes out, but it's doing more than just the absolute minimum required to make me not drop it, too

It's kind of funny that you say that, considering that this is the one show this season that I absolutely have to watch right when the episodes come out. I'll admit that it's not the most original show out there, but it works as absolutely delicious comfort food, and I find it quite endearing (with the exception of that last filler episode).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote
swienke wrote:
Just so you know, Blood, Amaimon's the demon guy that Rin just fought.

Embarassed

Er, I mean, I totally knew that - hey, I'm all about the BL, man. Laughing

Oh, and by the way, the single most unbelievable thing I've encountered in Blue Exorcist so far isn't anything to do with demons or whatever - it's the idea that Shura would have been able to successfully hide those pups underneath her hoodie, even with the help of surgical bandages.
batou37

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-
I got as far as "the single most unbelievable thing in Blue Exorcist so far.." and knew exactly what you were going to say Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Damn! I hate being that predictable. Wink
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

The show's okay, I guess. It's not one of the ones where I try to watch the latest episode as soon as it comes out, but it's doing more than just the absolute minimum required to make me not drop it, too

It's kind of funny that you say that, considering that this is the one show this season that I absolutely have to watch right when the episodes come out. I'll admit that it's not the most original show out there, but it works as absolutely delicious comfort food, and I find it quite endearing (with the exception of that last filler episode).[/quote]

Agreed this is one of the few shows I watch immediately when it comes out. Mostly because the characters are well developed and there is like no useless romance. Also with Shura, I always had a feeling the PSP guy and/or the puppet guy are actually really strong exorcists and just were pretending to be weak when they were being "useless" during the test episode. I wonder what they are going to do with the Puppet guy, he can't be mute and useless the entire show. New episode was good, Shura is a badass.
Toucanbird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
I just started watching Blue Exorcist (knocked out 12 episodes in one day).

So far, I can't decide if I like it or not. Obviously I don't hate it because if I did, I would've dropped it by episode 5 or 6. However, I do feel like it's sort of slowing down. The last few episodes have been kinda nice because it does sort of feel like Rin is starting to get motivated and it does slowly feel like he's developing something with Shiemi.

Unfortunately, Rin does sort of remind me of a less annoying version of Naruto. Draw the lines and you see Naruto. While that's not completely a bad thing, I flat out hate Naruto. Sad
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Okay the bunny guy is definitely hiding some type of strong powers. It seems like he had no troubles with the task since he was the first one done. The fight in this episode was just awesome. spoiler[ Rin in demon form absolutely overpowered Amaimon.I wonder what the headmaster is thinking by putting Rin through all these tests] I can't wait for the next episode
Ness_Success

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I feel like they layed out to much of the story in the first 2 episodes. We already know the main villain, and the plot, we already know Rins goal, etc. So everything after that feels like filler....imo.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
Ness_Success wrote:
I feel like they layed out to much of the story in the first 2 episodes. We already know the main villain, and the plot, we already know Rins goal, etc. So everything after that feels like filler....imo.

We don't know what Mephisto is planning, nor do we know what the different organizations will actually do about Rin, and we don't know what Rin will have to go through/accomplish in order to achieve his goal or even if that will remain his main goal. I don't understand your reasoning; I mean, in Star Wars we know that Luke has to destroy the Empire real early on, so does that make those 3 movies filler up until the end? spoiler[There are no Eps I-III, dammit!]

I think this series is moving along quite nicely. After this episode, spoiler[I'm concerned about where Izumo is, she's not the most likeable character, but still.] And Bon is hardcore! spoiler[coming up with ideas, relaying them through "epic" drawings all while he's chanting non-stop.]
I've been on a pretty huge Shonen burn-out, unable to enjoy pretty much anything that wasn't FMA or Claymore, but Blue Exorcist is keeping me highly entertained.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
This became too damn generic.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh, and by the way, the single most unbelievable thing I've encountered in Blue Exorcist so far isn't anything to do with demons or whatever - it's the idea that Shura would have been able to successfully hide those pups underneath her hoodie, even with the help of surgical bandages.

What I find most unbelievable is that when they got around to drawing a full-on picture of her oshiri, it wasn't censored with one of those terminally annoying white-out streaks.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:34 am Reply with quote
Damn the story has just gotten good.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
Agreed. I have no idea how its deviating from the manga, but I like where the anime is going. Episode 23 was exciting from beginning to end, and the next episode has a great set up to start with. Here's hoping Blue Exorcist goes out with a bang!spoiler[ (and props to me for asking who the twins' mother was straight off the bat. Turns out she was significant after all, at least in this version! Razz)]
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Would it be completely remiss to dredge this thread from the abyss, now that Blue Exorcist has started airing on Toonami? At the very least, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on the dub. It may not be the juggernaut that Sword Art Online was, but it'd still be nice to get some new discussion going...
so751

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote
Not sure if there's gonna be a new thread to talk about the Kyoto Saga, but what are everyone's thoughts on the first episode?

I was way excited for the anime to come back since I've been following the manga monthly and like many have been wishing desperately for a continued anime adaptation, so I thought it did a pretty good job covering the start of the arc, literally got chills seeing it all animated haha

I did notice they really kept to the manga so far, which I'm glad about too. I'm also pleased that the animation style has kept roughly the same from the First Season, even a bit more contemporary I'd say with the CG graphics, not like the differences in style with the D.Gray-man anime.

I suppose though it might've been confusing for anyone just jumping into the series, since the first episode doesn't really go into too much explaining about what's happened and about the universe, just a couple flashbacks. But looking forward to seeing what else is in store!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8