• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hyouge Mono (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
I'm up to episode 25. I checked for new episodes over the weekend but couldn't find any. I know the fansubbing group have been releasing episodes in batches so, yes, I'll be giving my monthly download limit a thrashing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zork

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 am Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
I'm up to episode 25. I checked for new episodes over the weekend but couldn't find any. I know the fansubbing group have been releasing episodes in batches so, yes, I'll be giving my monthly download limit a thrashing.

This is one of my favorite anime. But for some inexplicable reason I thought it ended with the death of spoiler[Nobunaga Oda]. I guess because it comes out so sporatically I never looked for it again.

I was extremely surprised to find out it's up to episode 30. Embarassed

You think *you'll* be thrashing your download limit. Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:32 am Reply with quote
^
Glad I could help you out. I confess that I still thought it was stuck on episode nineteen. I only found out it was up to episode thirty because I was wondering when Doremi would release the final three episodes of Ginga e Kickoff!!, a good Sports series that got passed over for official streaming. I visited Doremi's site and was blown away by all the updates for Hyouge Mono.

When people rail against all fansubs I wonder if they truly understand the usefulness of them. Groups like Doremi serve a wonderful purpose in bringing otherwise-overlooked series to us.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up, dtm42! I check in every now and then for new episodes, but had only downloaded through 25. This reminds of the "Christmas present" from Shinsen some years back when they released half-a-dozen episodes of the long-delayed Oh! Edo Rocket in a bunch.

I've put this show aside for viewing now until it is complete. At the beginning the subs were pretty much in sync with the Japanese releases so there was contemporaneous discussions. Now that there has been such a long hiatus, I've decided to wait and watch the whole thing again from the beginning. It's a pretty demanding show with the wide array of personalities and a complex story. It's well worth the wait, though.

I'd also love it if someone would sub the little documentaries the NHK released that display and comment on the actual works of pottery that appear in the show. They were released by the Chinese subbers so I've watched a couple even though I don't understand Japanese or Chinese. They look quite interesting and would add a nice bit of context to the anime.

Last edited by yuna49 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote
^
No problem, glad I could help. When I learn of the final episode being subbed I'll let you know, so you can watch it all once.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:10 am Reply with quote
Episodes thirty-one through thirty-five inclusive have been released. Hopefully it's not an April Fool's joke.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
The series is now finished. There are already fan-made batch torrents available in the usual places; Doremi will release their own batch torrent "soon".

That a group would finish subbing a little-known series years after its broadcast brings a warm feeling to my soul.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4