• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Licenses Seikai Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Words can not express how much this has made my year.
I had a fantran of the first novel and its such a damn good series.

Wow, nine days in and already your year is made? I wish I had that luck. Wink

Hopefully, they won't mess them up. I'm just glad somebodies finally translating stuff like this.

Is there any online listing as to what exactly Tokyopop and others have changed?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dragonlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
Hope they do a decent job of translating.. .i've been hoping to read them for a long long time now...
Armagguedes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:11 am Reply with quote
Speaking of CotS and BotS, and something i forgot about my first post: as far as i can tell, the Crest DVDs have gone out of print and i am unable to find them in stock anywhere. With the licensing and publishing of the manga, do you think they might re-print the DVDs? Perhaps BRD/HD-DVD re-prints?

I watched the fansubbed CotS and really liked it, and decided not to watch the rest so that i would force myself to buy the discs, but apparently i'm out of luck.

BotS I, II and III seem to be available though.
Noratav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote
Armagguedes wrote:
Speaking of CotS and BotS, and something i forgot about my first post: as far as i can tell, the Crest DVDs have gone out of print and i am unable to find them in stock anywhere. With the licensing and publishing of the manga, do you think they might re-print the DVDs? Perhaps BRD/HD-DVD re-prints?

Bandai are due to release a CotS Box Set in March as part of their "Anime Legends" line.

As for the novels I'm really excited about this. Tokyopop should do a reasonable job translating them, despite their somewhat patchy record.

All we need now is for them to actually get around to releasing the Kino's novels and for someone to license the Twelve Kingdoms Novels.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, how can this make ANYONE happy? Their novels are a disgrace to the industry! Gundam SEED is one example that I know of off hand that has numerous spelling errors, mistranslations of names (they call Ashitsuki the 'Paw" instead of the 'legged-ship'). Chances are this is going to be 'their version' rather than staying true to what you've seen in the series/manga/etc.

Edit:: I apparently fail at names... again. Corrrected an error.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2