• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Overrated and underrated anime.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
As for Banner of the Stars and Honey and Clover, I was going more for the not in people's minds thing. I just feel like a lot of modern day fans haven't even heard or seen these shows.

These two shows fit into the "I never hear people say bad things about them but it's rare to hear people talk about them much" category. I haven't seen either but I could tell you what they look like and what they are about.

.....course I ain't no casual modern-day fan. 8D
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't see people talking about Honey and Clover all that much, yeah. I liked it when I watched it quite a few years ago, but don't know whether I'd like it now. I don't remember how the pacing was, but it being josei I doubt it was very fast. The one thing I remember from Honey and Clover is that the 1st season's 1st ending theme is awesome.

I've seen Crest of the Stars which was decent. I couldn't finish Banner of the Stars because it just kinda got boring. The pacing was slow and there was too much focus on side characters I didn't care about. I remember some captain/general twins kept spouting some kind of philosophical nonsense that put me to sleep. Both were voiced by the same dude and it was difficult to tell which one was talking. Just a very talky show in general. I liked the Passage of the Stars - Birth special/OVA thingy though. It was a short, nice little adventure story, I think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9