• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
My blu-ray of From the New World arrived today...

...and is still in my mailbox. Instead of putting it in the lockboxes for large packages (I live in an apartment), the mailman just shoved the padded envelope into the letter-sized box and it's been stuck there since last night. I'm hoping I can get someone to open the mail room so I can get it out form the other side... Mad
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
My blu-ray of From the New World arrived today...

...and is still in my mailbox.

Good luck! My copy arrived this week as well, but since I live in a house I didn't face your complications.

No word yet that I can find about when the second half of the series will be released.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
A couple mango:
Soul Eater Vol 6
Durarara!! Saika Arc Vol 1
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I got some more anime cards

I think this one is rare
I dont remember her name but she loves wacky

zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
The library was having its annual book sale! I told them to move some of the manga they put in the YA section to the adult section with the other portion of manga because it was yaoi. I also found a copy of Catherine in with the kids' games. Yeah, they dunno what they're doing.

Anyhow, I got:
Welcome to the NHK novel
Scrapped Princess novel 1
Kino no Tabi novel 1

Soul Eater 1-6
Mushishi 1

Rhythm Heaven Wii

Yes, this does mark the third freakin' time I have found a mint copy of Kino no Tabi novel for under $4. This one wasn't ex-library, even though it was a library sale, guessing it was donated books or something. I got everything for $3 a piece. For that price, I had to try Soul Eater. If I can go back on Sunday (it'd be a short window, they open at 1, I work at 2), they'll be selling by the foot, so maybe then I'll get PhD and other random manga.

In other news, I currently have two copies of Kino no Tabi up for sale. PM me with interest!
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Ordered Arakawa Under the Bridge season 1 and a manga volume called Beautiful People.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Two days ago, I placed an order to renew my RightStuf subscription. Because I knew I'd be placing a couple of orders to make it worth it! I'll place my Ringing Bell and Captain Harlock order on Monday when I find out what sale it gets paired with for the day (and because the two of them together will net me free shipping anyway). I wanted to place the other order now though, because one item had a counter, and I didn't want things held up by Ringing Bell (and I don't care if Harlock is, I have other anime to watch).

So, for this order, I'm getting:
Goong 6, 8, 11, 14 (catch me up on my newest crack series, specifically what I didn't want Ringing Bell to hold up, though it looks like I'll have to wait for 6, 8, and 11 to come in anyways)
Witch Buster 9-10 (because only one comic shop near me carries the series and they only just got 7/8 in, and ordering it let me use the $4 off $60 coupon. Interestingly enough, these two are pretty much the only manhwa I collect)
Inside the White Tower (because I am quickly finding myself enjoying You're Beautiful and want more K-drama and this has a counter, and of internet reviews I've looked up, this appears to be the best of the YA titles TRSI still has a few of).

Since I don't mind everything else waiting for Goong, and because TRSI actually has the cheapest internet prices on Goong (not that any comic shops near me carry that one at all, at least not older vols), and I need Goong badly, mwahaha. I also got the Goong live actino series for $12 by chance the other day, but plan to continue with the manhwa first. I had considered getting Skip Beat to use that coupon, except all the comic shops carry that one, I shall wait until free comic book day sales to pick that one up, and other Viz titles (and I still have one more 3-in-1 of that to tide me over until FCBD). In fact other than the planned monday order, I plan to spend nothing else on entertainment until free comic book day sales (which I am uber excited for!), we'll see how well that lasts. Wait! I already lied, Conception II comes out on Tuesday. Ok, other than those two.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I went to buy some new shoes this morning and somehow ended up at B&N. Funny how that happens. Anyway, I walked out with What Did You Eat Yesterday? v1 and Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden v12, both of which I am very eager to read. I'm surprised how much I love Genbu Kaiden since I was so lukewarm on the original series, but it's really great! I'm not eager to see spoiler[some of my favorite characters die], but it had to happen eventually. And as for the other title, well, I can never ever complain about more Fumi Yoshinaga, especially from one of my favorite publishers. Very Happy
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
2 of the worst possible things for my wallet happened at once today. My student loan came in, and I went to Newcastle. Thus:

His Favourite 5
Ranma 1/2 Omnibus 1
Missions of Love 7
07-Ghost 9
Phantom Thief Jeanne 1
Skip Beat Omnibus 7

A Figuarts Zero Kuroko (no Basket) figure
3 Kuroko no Basket One-Coin figures.
A mini Rock Bison figure
A Fire Emblem keychain
A be: smile figure of the Professor from Tiger and Bunny

Birthday presents from my friends:
3 Hakuouki One-Coin figures.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Okay I deleted my last post about sola because I canceled the BD box. Something really weird popped up on Amazon. This one vendor on Amazon was selling heavily discounted JP BD boxes ($35-100 each!) like some sort of clearance sale or something. I bought a ton of stuff and I've been charged and shipped so let's hope it arrives safely. Here is what I bought:

Last Exile BD box ($35)
Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Card box ($70)
Strike Witches BD box (first press) ($90)
Strike Witches II BD limited edition box ($35)
K-ON! BD box ($105)
Serial Experiments Lain BD box ($35)

Craziest thing is that they were all new. Well over $2000 worth of anime normally priced. I hope they are all the real deal if not I'll be returning a bunch of stuff.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Okay I deleted my last post about sola because I canceled the BD box. Something really weird popped up on Amazon. This one vendor on Amazon was selling heavily discounted JP BD boxes ($35-100 each!) like some sort of clearance sale or something. I bought a ton of stuff and I've been charged and shipped so let's hope it arrives safely. Here is what I bought:

Last Exile BD box ($35)
K-ON! BD box ($105)

Craziest thing is that they were all new. Well over $2000 worth of anime normally priced. I hope they are all the real deal if not I'll be returning a bunch of stuff.

Is this thing still active? This has me curious.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
@luffypirate85,
The Lain BD for 35? That's a deal. I hope that order all works out well for you.

My first order from TRSI for April, and this is where some of my tax return is being redirected to Very Happy
From the New World Graphic Novel 4 1 $8.21
Monster (Naoki Urasawa) Perfect Edition Graphic Novel 1 1 $14.99
Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 2 (Hyb) Special Edition (*) 1 $39.99
Terra Formars Graphic Novel 1 1 $9.74
Trigun Maximum Graphic Novel Omnibus 4 1 $14.99
xxxHOLiC Rei Graphic Novel 1 1 $8.24
Item Subtotal:
$96.16
Priority: $11.49
Tax: No Additional (Outside Iowa)
Total: $107.65
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

Last Exile BD box ($35)
K-ON! BD box ($105)

Is this thing still active? This has me curious.

Hey I'll grab the name of the vendor for you.

edit: on Amazon it is AKIBA SHOP JAPAN. It doesn't look like the boxes are priced down right now but keep an eye on the stock. They had a bunch of good stuff like Eureka Seven BD boxes for $35-80, the GIANT ROBO 4K BOX for $100 (!!!) Gunbuster and Diebuster BD boxes for $35-80, and Macross Plus for $70! I bought the stuff above and went to bed...most was gone when I woke up on the 13th Sad

@lem I hope it is the real deal. The ones I'm most excited for are Lain and Sakura, two items I thought I would never own.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
@luffypirate85
Thank you very much. For your sake, I hope this goes smoothly. That would be quite the coup. I guess somebody forgot to add 0s to the end of those prices. Wasn't the K-On box just released last month?
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Since I jumped the gun and ordered too quickly when the Discotek sale started at TRSI I put in a last-minute order for stuff I missed the first time:

Amazing Nuts! DVD (S)
Golgo 13: The Professional DVD (Hyb)
Ringing Bell DVD (Hyb)
School Days DVD Complete Collection (S)

I debated with myself all weekend about getting School Days; I was thinking of adding a different pre-order title to get to free shipping but I decided to pick it up for (sick) laughs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1129 of 1400