• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I went on a mini Patlabor spree on Amazon:

-OVA Collection
-TV Collection 1
-1st Movie
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
@luffypirate85
Thank you very much. For your sake, I hope this goes smoothly. That would be quite the coup. I guess somebody forgot to add 0s to the end of those prices. Wasn't the K-On box just released last month?

Ya K-ON! is very recent.

Update: checked my inbox this morning and found six cancellation notices. Yeah...it was kinda too good to be true Smile his reason was "out of stock" and "they were defective" lol I mailed him back and asked that he just admit that they were priced incorrectly because I can still see that he has MULTIPLE copies in stock. The "defective" excuse is just silly because they were all listed as brand new. His English wasn't that great so maybe he didn't mean it like that. My friends also ordered from him and haven't received a cancellation notice yet so they still might get a super deal. The shitty thing is that now I have to WAIT a day or two for my money to be refunded because I used my debit card.

I contacted that seller with the sola BD box and told them I'll be buying that for sure now. 65% off with free shipping is still a great deal.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
My copy of Sakura Trick volume two is away.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
I did indeed order Ringing Bell and Space Pirate Captain Harlock last second from the Discotek sale! I also picked up Conception II for the 3DS today, hooray! Also, it looks like Right Stuf has Cobra part 2 reserved for my order and they will hopefully ship that soon (and if I'm lucky, whatever's available right now on my other two orders to cut back on waiting).
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I did indeed order Ringing Bell and Space Pirate Captain Harlock last second from the Discotek sale!

And I forgot to place my order for the Discotek sale! Huh.

Ok, DDD sent a 15% tax day discount so I filled a few holes in my collection.

Welcome to the NHK SAVE
Slayers 4-5 DVD/BD
Ladies versus Butlers!

Yeah, I'm not expecting the last one but with a 19 dollar preorder, why not try?
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Picked up No 6 volume 6, Pandora Hearts 6 and Strobe Edge 9 today.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
I did indeed order Ringing Bell and Space Pirate Captain Harlock last second from the Discotek sale!

And I forgot to place my order for the Discotek sale! Huh.

Drop me a note and I'll see what I can do for you. Smile
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I ordered some oldies today.

Hellsing TV (vintage 2001) - because I've heard good things about it, and because I've got Hellsing Ultimate. I thought it might be good to know where Ultimate came from.....sort of, since I haven't read the Hellsing manga.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (vintage 2001) - which bombed at the box office, has never recouped its production cost, and is considered to be the principle reason Square USA closed up shop. However, reviewers seem to be in moderate agreement that, while the writing was its biggest problem the CG animation is amazingly good. I'm curious about it, so there you are. Besides, it'll fit right in with the rest of my collection of dodgy Sci-Fi.

My Beautiful Girl Mari (vintage 2002) - yes, I know it's Korean, but it has very good reviews - from ANN reviewers no less - and I don't believe I've seen a Korean production before. I'm curious, it didn't cost very much, and the reviews all indicate that this movie stands well above most Korean productions, which are apparently dreck.

A Tree of Palme (vintage 2001) - the reviews indicate that writing and cohesiveness are problematic, at best, but the art is beautiful. I like beautiful things, it didn't cost much, and it was recommended to me years ago by the person who got me interested in Anime.

Ellcia (vintage 1993) - the reviews on this one are decidedly mixed, but it too was recommended, on the same list as the above, by the person who got me into Anime. Besides, for $2 plus shipping, why not?

Legend of Crystania (vintage 1995) - I don't know anything about this one, other than it's a sequal to Record of Lodoss War, which I've not seen.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm Reply with quote
A few pre-orders from TRSI shipped on the 15th:

From the New World Part 1 Blu Ray
Familiar of Zero Complete Collection Blu Ray
Little Busters! Part 2 Blu Ray (a week early, woo!)
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote
Follow-up to a post that I made a couple of pages back.

I am now the proud owner of Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight! Turns out that the third time is indeed the charm Very Happy

Can someone that owns the box set tell me if the DVD cases are supposed to be see-through by the way? The cases that they came in weren't, but since the DVD inserts are double-sided that seemed a bit weird.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 am Reply with quote
Came into an Amazon voucher and ordered Goong volume 13, Bride of the Water God 14 and The Art of Fullmetal Alchemist 2.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 am Reply with quote
@ Ortensia1980 - Just checked my copy and the DVD cases are transparent. I wonder if the original owner replaced the original DVD cases at some point.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
@ Blood- Thanks for checking! And he probably did. I only found out because I could barely get the DVD out of one of the cases and decided to replace that one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
I'm assuming everything else about the set looks legit?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
Yes it does! There's a small purple smudge on the box, but I can live with that. I'm just happy that I finally got it this time Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1130 of 1400