• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
One of the volumes of Oh My Goddess (volume 2 of the 2nd Edition) was canceled by Dark Horse so, but I managed to find it at Robert's Anime Corner Store. Just a heads up to anyone who is collecting the 2nd edition version that it seems to be going out of print or will be replaced by 3rd ****ing version to confuse people more.

I also picked up Ghost in the Shell Volume 2 while I was at it, which completes my collection of that manga.

From Rightstuf I preordered Garden of Sinners: Recalled Out Summer Limited Edition
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer Wrote:
Quote:
Just a heads up to anyone who is collecting the 2nd edition version that it seems to be going out of print or will be replaced by 3rd ****ing version to confuse people more.

Too Late: Twisted Evil In the March Previews which came out this Wednesday, Dark Horse solicited Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Book 1.

Per their advertisement, it contains the first three volumes, larger art, brighter paper and bonus color illustrations. The size is 5 3/4 inches wide by 8 1/4 inches high. This is the size of the older flipped edition and more recently of the larger CLAMP omnibus volumes. This is what they mean by larger art. MSRP is $19.99. The proposed street date is July 29th. Dark Horse has been a little better in meeting these dates but does slip occasionally. I'm not sure, but this will probably be considered the first omnibus edition instead of a 3rd edition.

I should note that the old flipped edition only covered the first 20 volumes. As a result the current version is the second edition for volumes 1 through 20 and first edition for volumes 21 through 46 with volume 47 coming next month.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, at any rate, with that last Dark Horse sale, I now have all the volumes (in the same format) and 47 preordered. Now I just have to read them.....right now they're part of my massive manga backlog of like 180 volumes. Anime cry
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, Oh My Goddess! was one of the first manga series I bought. In comic book form as that was how it was being issued then. I am up to date through volume 46 though I will probably re read the entire series when the final volume (47) comes out.

180 volumes of manga is more a ready reading stack then a backlog. The last time I checked I had a bit over 4300 volumes of manga. I lost track of my backlog years ago. It includes a number of series I didn't finish and haven't looked at in years. I would have to start from the first volume to read those.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Bought Waiting in the Summer collection today.

A very good buy, such a good and easy to watch series. Is this the Bluray release (I can't remember if it's been released yet or not)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
From Amiami, pre-ordered my first figure in ages:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010380&page=top

It's Lucy Heartfilia from Xplus's "Gigantic Series". I like 'em big. Apparently she's 41 cm tall which means I'm almost exactly 5 times taller than she is. I'm pretty much at the point where if a figure isn't 1/4 or 1/5, I'm not that interested. I suppose maybe I could go as low as 1/6...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
Pick up:

From the New World 7
Assassination Classroom 2
Pokemon Adventures Red & Blue (manga Boxset)
Nautical of the Valley of the Wind (manga Boxset)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
The Tale of The Princess Kaguya DVD/BD via Amazon.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Porco Rosso BD/DVD combo from Amazon.
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I decided to purchase some things from the Funimation sale on Right Stuf. I got:

Attack on Titan DVD/Blu-ray Part 1 Limited Edition
A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray Complete
Claymore Blu-ray Complete Series
One Piece DVD Collection 11
One Piece DVD Collection 12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Preordered:
Black Lagoon Vol. 10
Claymore Vol. 26
Dogs, Bullets, and Carnage Vol. 10

For the VIZ (Books) Sale
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
From Amiami, pre-ordered my first figure in ages:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010380&page=top

It's Lucy Heartfilia from Xplus's "Gigantic Series". I like 'em big. Apparently she's 41 cm tall which means I'm almost exactly 5 times taller than she is. I'm pretty much at the point where if a figure isn't 1/4 or 1/5, I'm not that interested. I suppose maybe I could go as low as 1/6...

I suppose figures wearing more than 3 articles of clothing also doesn't interest you any more either does it lol?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
So true. I don't know what it is, but it just seems the less clothing a figure has the more ... intellectual ... it seems.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Bought Whispered Words 2-3 and an FMA novel.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordered Free: Iwatobi Swim Club off Rightstuf.

Also, snagged up a SAVE set of the first season to Strike Witches and Hatsukoi Limited via Amazon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1186 of 1400