• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Received today from TRSI:
Hanamonogatari: Suruga Devil Bluray set

I see I forgot to mention that on Tuesday I received from TRSI
Garden of Sinners - Recalled out Summer Bluray
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
In Newcastle: A figurine of Honoka from Love Live, and Kashimashi Omnibus 2

From Amazon: Kashimashi Omnibus 1
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:
_Emi_ wrote:
Got an e-mail Tuesday saying that my order of The Time of Eve Art Works, Fan Book, and Another Act has shipped.

Same! It's exciting to know they are on their way and can't wait to finally have them apart of the collection. I've got to wait a wee bit longer for the gloss print as its on its way to Japan but will be worth the wait when it's up on the wall.

Received my stuff yesterday (got the email today though). The posters came in a nice little sleeve. I've only had time to glance at it, but everything looks pretty good. I'll inspect it closer this weekend and maybe rewatch Time of Eve?

Still nothing here, not even a shipping notice though I did get a kickstarter newsletter where it said they fulfilled all the US orders. I did order it, and I have my Paypal confirmation of payment email right here... Mad
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered World Conquest Zvezda Plot off Rightstuf.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Still nothing here, not even a shipping notice though I did get a kickstarter newsletter where it said they fulfilled all the US orders. I did order it, and I have my Paypal confirmation of payment email right here... Mad

I had an issue with Another Act as I realized it didn't ship with the other book and posters. I contacted Ann/Pied Piper thru the Kickstarter page and she said that some of the Another Acts orders were not combined with the Kickstarter ones and weren't sent out. She later posted another message that if people were having issues to contact her. I sometimes think that "fulfilled" just means boxed and waiting on shipping pallet. I'd give it another day and if you still don't get an email then I would contact Ann thru Kickstarter.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Ordered from the Discotek/Eastern Star sale at TRSI:

Fatal Fury DVD Complete OVA Series
Fatal Fury: The Movie DVD
Horus: Prince of the Sun (Little Norse Prince) DVD
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade Blu-ray
Lupin the 3rd: Napoleon's Dictionary DVD
Mazinger Z TV Series DVD Set 2

I already own a legit sub-only R2 copy of Horus: Prince of the Sun but when I saw all the extra content (and an English dub) on this release I decided to double-dip. The Jin-Roh BD is a triple-dip; I originally bought the single-disc release then bought a used copy of the special edition (which I never watched). The TRSI listing is vague on extras so I may be keeping the special edition if it has content not included on the BD.

There are more things I wanted to order but can't afford to right now. In addition, I've noticed on some TV show releases they release cheaper versions down the road so I'll wait.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
Found Scrapped Princess Anime Legends set in like new condition for $50. Not as inexpensive as I was hoping to snag it for, but it's the cheapest I've seen it priced in a loooong time, so I pounced.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
Picked up Let's Dance a Waltz 1, Say I Love You 7 and XXXHolic Rei 3 from the comic shop.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
Finally placed a RightStuf order! And before they lifted the Discotek sales on their website, mwahaha! Though I was only getting one Discotek thing anyways. And I ordered some other things too:

Mazinger Z: The Impact!
Star Driver 1 & 2 DVD

Legal Drug omnibus
Tarot Cafe 7

Ordering Legal Drug let me use a $4 off $65 coupon (as the Mazinger Z and Tarot Cafe didn't count towards it). Tarot Cafe is probably the only thing I can't get my got anime on. I don't normally like CLAMP, but I do like xxxHolic and I hear Legal Drug is the next nearest thing of theirs, so I'm willing to try it. Star Driver is a bit of a blind buy, but that's ok with me. It's a shame I waited too late to get them both on blu-ray though, guess I'll go for the next best thing (PS3s are good upscalers anyway, are they not?)
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Received from the comic shop today:

Manga:
xxxHolic Rei volume 3
Say I Love You volume 7
Noragami volume 4
Maria the Virgin Witch volume 2
Dragonar Academy volume 6
A Certain Scientific Railgun volume 10

Today is Previews for May. I noticed that Netcomics is soliciting manhwa again. Apparently last month was not a one time thing.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
My Time of EVE: Another Act book which did not ship with my other rewards has finally shipped.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
One year after the original planned ship date Wakfu is on its way-most of it. Apparently the special episode and a few other items will ship later.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:42 am Reply with quote
Awesome! How do you know that? I just checked my email and there wasn't any update.

Now if that other crowdsourced project that I contributed to, the Mai Mai Miracle movie, would ever ship out, I'd be really happy.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
Noticed you guys talking about that clear file Directions/Pied Piper tossed the EVE prints in. Couldn't tell you how excited I was to see that. I don't even know if you can still buy that item from the source. They have treated us backers very well these last two years.

Tomorrow after work I'm going to brew myself a nice cup of espresso and power through that lovely fanbook. The TIME has finally come.

BTW, I opened my copy of Chayama's illustrations and surprisingly found a signature on the inner cover. I sent an email out to see if I needed to return it, but they said it was a gift for me. Score! I'll cherish it forever.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Noticed you guys talking about that clear file Directions/Pied Piper tossed the EVE prints in. Couldn't tell you how excited I was to see that. I don't even know if you can still buy that item from the source. They have treated us backers very well these last two years.

I thought the sleeve that the prints were in was pretty nifty. A small, but nice touch.

I also do think Pied Piper did a pretty good job, and mostly its because they consistently kept backers apprised of what was going on whether it was good news or bad. That level of transparency really engenders trust. I wish the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter was better with their updates.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1198 of 1399