• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
grabbed Mushishi volume 5...preordered volume 6.

Waiting for the next 25 for 100 sale at Rightstuf. w00t.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
it'd be maybe 1/4 full to start with, but I'm not sure I've never been good at calculating stuff). When completed it will be 7 ft tall with three sections at 4 ft wide each giving me 12' x 7' of space to play with,

If you have an average 9" of clearance for each shelf, then you be able to fit about 2160 DVDs, if you are going for 10" of clearance then you will hold about 1920. Now both of those do take into account the thickness of the wood, on the horizontal, but not on the vertical(as that is what makes shelves unique). So I would take about 100 to 200 off of each of those numbers. Also that is figuring that all DVDs are standard DVD cases. Not artboxes, or thinpaks, etc, etc. But it should be about 1/5 full if all you use is anime DVDs.

I must say that is quite a goal to make, to fill the rest of it up. I'm impressed. I want to get nice shelves one day, but to much stuff going on these days. Crying or Very sad If you ever do get a camera(which you can get for a lot cheaper than shelves by the way Wink), be sure to post them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Killtheshrew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Via post today.

R.O.D tv complete series. (It the one that looks like a book, I quite like it actually... although the latch on the book to keep it closed dosn't work all that well.)
Asako

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Yay Rightstuf package! More Geneon!

Anime!
  • Gatchaman - Collectors Box 1, 2, 3
  • Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU - 1 w/box (yay complete)
  • Noir - 4, 5
  • Tetsujin - 1 w/box, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  • Irresponsible Captain Tylor - Limited Edition OVA box set
  • Shakugan no Shana - 2, 3, 5 (complete!)
  • Magical Project S - 1
  • Kimagure Orange Road - OVA box set with movie
Manga!
  • Chirality
yayy... Still waiting for more stuff to come in hehe...
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Barnes & Noble came through with Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden #6
undeadben

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:22 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
If you have an average 9" of clearance for each shelf, then you be able to fit about 2160 DVDs, if you are going for 10" of clearance then you will hold about 1920. Now both of those do take into account the thickness of the wood, on the horizontal, but not on the vertical(as that is what makes shelves unique). So I would take about 100 to 200 off of each of those numbers. Also that is figuring that all DVDs are standard DVD cases. Not artboxes, or thinpaks, etc, etc. But it should be about 1/5 full if all you use is anime DVDs.

Wow, thanks for the numbers! I was considering 9" but I figured if I ever wanted to put anything else on the shelves it wouldn't work so I went with 10", and they will be 12" deep.

Quote:
I must say that is quite a goal to make, to fill the rest of it up. I'm impressed. I want to get nice shelves one day, but to much stuff going on these days. Crying or Very sad

I've set similar goals before for books. In one year I managed to purchase almost 600 hardcover books to fill a shelf by digging through sales, bargains, and used book stores. Of course anime is a bit more expensive, even on sale which also makes me just slightly pickier when buying, so I'm guessing I probably won't fill this new shelf in less than two or maybe even three years. However one thing that'll make it slightly easier is I'm pretty content with my movie and book collections as they are, so outside of "must buys" for those, I'll be concentrating mostly on anime. Of course the first thing I have to get past this year is the money I'm blowing from my entertainment budget just for the shelf Anime smile + sweatdrop .

Quote:
If you ever do get a camera(which you can get for a lot cheaper than shelves by the way Wink), be sure to post them.

Every time a picture topic comes up I always I wish I had a camera, but when I'm at the store looking at cameras I always manage to convince myself I really don't need it and either by more stuff for my PC or keep the money and spend it on DVDs. Quite a few of my spending sprees at TRSI came from money once budgeted for a digital camera Very Happy . But if I make this shelf worthy (no pun intended), I'll borrow a camera if I have to to show it off here.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Box came today.

Anime
The Ping Pong Club V.1-5 (or V.1-7)
DNA2 V.1-5
The World of Narue collected box

Manga
The World of Narue V.1 (Came with the DVDs, not sure if the rest of the books are even available anymore, if anyone knows where to get them I would appreciate it.)

undeadben:
When you do get a camera, just make sure you get one that has a recharge dock that also hooks up to your computer so you can easily transfer files. Plus that way it would qualify as something for your PC. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Walked down at Barnes and Noble and grabbed myself a copy of Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden, Volume 6.

I've been waiting for this for year and now I have it!!!!! Very Happy
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Novel:
Full Metal Panic 1&2
Strawberry Panic 1 preorder
Shana 1&2

Manga:
Claymore 3-11

The Claymore and Shana were because of the TRSI 33% off Viz sale.

4.80 for the Claymore(with got anime), and 6.70 for the Shanas.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
I just received from TRSI The Art of Fullmetal Alchemist Anime
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Manga
The World of Narue V.1 (Came with the DVDs, not sure if the rest of the books are even available anymore, if anyone knows where to get them I would appreciate it.)
Unfortunately CPM only released through volume 4 -- there's more out there, but there's no indication that CPM will be releasing the rest. Or anything else, for that matter.
Shawaazu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote
Anime: (Ordered)

Full Metal Panic! volume 1 (completes series! Very Happy )
Full Moon volume 7 (now caught up with releases)
Prince of Tennis box set 4 (now caught up with releases)
Death Note volume 4 LE (now caught up with releases)
jkno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Just received a really nice package from Tokyo Fantasy - it was a bit late due to postal problems: Smile

- GITS SAC Wave Motoko Kusanagi
- Intron Depot Space Pirates (both versions)
- GITS Hard Disk limited edition 1500
- GITS Diver Down green version, limited edition 1500 (now I have 2 of these - one loose, one carded)
- GITS trading figures (especially wanted the young Motoko on chair) - as Xmas present
- Lego Star Wars (3 ships) - as Xmas present

Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Got a package today.

Manga
Juvenile Orion V.3-4

Zalis116:
Hmm, so I could probably get a hold of up to four, but most likely will never be able to finish. Gosh, I hope I don't love the first volume. Anime catgrin
recca25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Received yesterday and watched:

Beck 6

Finally finished this series. For me, this series started strong, became only above average as it progressed, and then (fortunately) ended strong. I'm certainly glad I decided to continue following this series.

When I saw the following series was discontinued at rightstuf, I immediately ordered it from DD today:

Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Box Set.

Lastly, I made my TRSI-viz order and pre-order last night:

Anime:
Saikano Box Set

Manga/Artbooks:
Art of Vagabond Art Book: Sumi
Art of Vagabond Art Book: Water
Bleach 13; 22-24
Firefighter! Daigo of Fire Company M 3-5, 7-8
Gin Tama 5-8
Honey and Clover 1-3
Real 1
Sand Chronicles 1-3
Slam Dunk 1
Vagabond 6-17
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 174 of 1400