• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I bought a weekend pass to Anime North this morning - $60 CAD + $3.99 processing fee (for doing it online, I guess). I didn't go last year - being unemployed at the time, going to an event that has proved successful in getting me to part with my cash didn't seem like a great idea - so I'm definitely primed for this year.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Taking advantage of Rightstuf's Discotek sale, just bought 07-Ghost and Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:36 am Reply with quote
Picked up an imported copy of Ghost in the Shell Arise: The Pyrophoric Cult from CDJapan since it has English subs and Funimation doesn't seem to be interested in releasing Alternative Architecture on disc and I have the rest of the OVA already so....

Also looked at Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie: Reflection again while I was there. Curiously in the specs section it is now listed with English (and Japanese) subtitles. I know what I'm pre-ordering next pay day.

Also Pre-ordered Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin Vol. 6 from Rightstuf.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:38 am Reply with quote
Also taking advantage of the Discotek sale, which I'd been hoping to see for awhile.

5 cm/s Blu-Ray
ItaKiss DVD
Magical Canan DVD
Soul Link DVD
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
From Rightstuf:
Robot Carnival BD
Hunter X Hunter 34
Berserk 28-31

Elsewhere:
Berserk 32
Short Peace BD
Blade Runner 2049 BD

Was going to secure a Yuri on Ice LE, but decided I’ve seen enough production art and interviews online. It’s a damn good show; just not an all-time fave.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 pm Reply with quote
From TRSI's Valentine's Sale...

toradora by William DeRemer, on Flickr

It's "Out of stock - expecting more," so I hope it isn't too long before they get 'more' in... given that NIS America stopped doing anime, there's only so many copies left out there...
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Just ordered Yuri on Ice BD from a trusted eBay seller for 30.99 (!)
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Small comic shop day (also, since they're at a new store, they're trying to rearrange their stuff, and they made the manga a front-facing mess, ugh)

Land of the Lustrous 1
One Piece 84
Takana & Hana 1

Also, my Yuri on Ice LE arrived today! Just in time for the Olympics, lol!
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Received from RS:
When Marnie was There BD
Planetes manga vol 1 & 2
A Bride's Story manga vol 8 & 9
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
1) Regarding my previous purchase yesterday of the Toradora! SE DVD/Blu-ray bundle, I called TRSI today & learned it will be 2 weeks before they get more in stock, sadly...considering NISA got out of anime & their stuff is technically OOP, I'm just glad they CAN get more!

2) Placed my 1st order with RACS tonight for a deal too good to pass up...

Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun LE, normally $130, on sale for $40 to clear out excess stock...

...guess the LE of that show didn't sell well...but i knew it was something I wanted to own even having never seen it, and getting a Sentai LE that cheap is a steal. At that price it's only $9 more than the standard BD!
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Went into town and picked up Blue Exorcist 18, Yona of the Dawn 9 and The Water Dragon's Bride 4 from the bookshop.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 pm Reply with quote
So after what felt like an eternity (three weeks lol) of losing auctions on Buyee I finally won! I’ve been trying to nab some Love Live! Blu-ray sets but man oh man the competition was too fierce. I’ve easily attempted and lost a good six auctions for LL!S2 and LL!S. I place snipes and due to the auctions ending while I’m asleep I miss the final stretch!

I had my first ever last minute bidding war, which is NOT thrilling in the slightest on Buyee due to the fact that every bid placed less than five minutes prior to the auction ending boosts the end time up by five minutes. I felt like it was never going to end lol

I won...

Continuing on with the Key anime adaptations...Air Blu-ray Disc Box (2006 version) I had debated getting the re-packaged one, but ultimately decided against it. I really like the deep blue sky cover from the original one (also, I think it will pair well with the Kanon box) $64 before fees and shipping.

Strike Witches Blu-ray Disc Box and Strike Witches 2 Blu-ray volumes 1-6. Very excited to watch them again. It’s been years. $92 (!!!) before fees and shipping.

I’d wager another $80 will be added on once everything is ready to go from the warehouse. I’ve been sticking with SAL to save some cash.

Also...

I got a new shelf!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
Congrats, luffypirate! Oh man, I really don't think my nerves could handle an ongoing bidding war for something...
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
Thanks Blood, I ended up setting an alarm on my phone to go off every four minutes. It was a not so good time of day too, bidding between feeding and changing my son in the morning. I want to say it went on for a good 20 minutes of us going back and forth with low increments. $20ish over the original listing. Literally, the beast in me had awakened I didn’t want to lose another one lol

This BD box is ancient! Like, 12 years old! I wouldn’t be surprised if it was one of the first TV anime ever upscaled to HD (surely won’t look too great!)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
wmderemer wrote:
From TRSI's Valentine's Sale...

It's "Out of stock - expecting more," so I hope it isn't too long before they get 'more' in... given that NIS America stopped doing anime, there's only so many copies left out there...

A very valid and important note. NISA sets are more than likely soon to be out of print. Luckily I have the Toradora collection, the Lull in the Sea collection, the Love Live BD set... wait, they're doing a discount Flash sale, what's in this one...

An absolute tidal wave of singles, pages upon pages, what,... wait, the two halves of A Snow Fairy Sugar at two dollars apiece. That's exactly what that show is worth. It's charmingly cute with a good dub and that piano moving episode remains one of anime's great single episode achievements of combining character development, comedy and symbolism, the rest of it comes off not as good. Not so good... Not good? One of those. Then there's Agent Aika, a cart topping collection I've been putting off since Bandai went out of business. Not the greatest thing in the world but what is these days? It's trashy fun without anyone trying to defend it as wholesome entertainment and that's fine by me.

But not enough for free shipping. Where was I? Oh yeah, the possible problem of NISA sets. I have that one and that one and that one and... Cardcaptor Sakura.. Huh.

So yeah. I bought a hundred dollars BD set as a cart topper for two discount clearance titles. I'm funny that way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1317 of 1400