• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Got some more BDs in:

AssClass season 2 Part 2
Robot Carnival
Hunter x Hunter - Phantom Rouge
Mobile Suite Gundam - Movie Trilogy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
Just bought the old ADV release of Getter Robo: Armageddon off E-Bay.

Also, my bought copies of Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Interviews with Monster Girls were delivered today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:49 pm Reply with quote
My copy of Lyrical Nanoha Movie 3rd: Reflection arrived Wednesday from Japan.

Also received Sword Oratorio Complete Collection from Rightstuf yesterday.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 am Reply with quote
Two big purchases this past week...

A friend sold me his JP GaruPan Blu-ray collection. All TV anime limited edition discs, OVA, and film. Still shocked this happened! Never thought I’d own it especially with all the bells and whistles.

With the help of a Facebook acquaintance, found a JP NANA DVD volume collection on Buyee.jp the set is hard to come by. 7.8 special disc is included woohoo. 10th anniversary passed with no Blu-ray announcement so I tell myself why not get the DVDs.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Via Amazon, just bought Baldr Force EXE.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I got a great cel w/ douga and matching background from Perfect Blue. I also got a Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou resin model (I have no idea how to build one of these things). The seller threw in a YKK doujin with it. I don't really care about doujins, but this one hash some art made by the original mangaka Hitoshi Ashinano.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ordered from Right Stuf:

Shakugan no Shana Season 3 Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition
Space Dandy Complete Series Blu-Ray/DVD
Owarimonogatari Volume 1 Blu-ray
Owarimonogatari Volume 2 Blu-ray
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote
Imported from AMZ-JPN:
Samurai Champloo BD, Little Witch Academia BD, and a Newtype magazine in order to insure that I get a box. AMZ-JPN has started behaving like AMZ-USA and sticking LEs into bubble mailers for international shipping. People have been getting their stuff damaged. Adding a large magazine to the order so far seems to guarantee a box. Prices had dropped for the BDs and was tired of waiting for LWA to get a western release so decided to pull the trigger.

Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I was never super-interested in owning Case Closed, but with the recent news of FUNi finally dropping its license I poked around on a whim, and I found an eBay seller or two listing all five SAVE sets for only $45 or so. I can go for that.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Imported from AMZ-JPN:
Samurai Champloo BD, Little Witch Academia BD, and a Newtype magazine in order to insure that I get a box. AMZ-JPN has started behaving like AMZ-USA and sticking LEs into bubble mailers for international shipping. People have been getting their stuff damaged. Adding a large magazine to the order so far seems to guarantee a box. Prices had dropped for the BDs and was tired of waiting for LWA to get a western release so decided to pull the trigger.

Good technique. I’ve had something smashed on arrival recently Sad its the worst!
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:22 pm Reply with quote

The Newtype magazine wasn't so bad as they had 2 double sided posters in it and I think some stickers. There are other magazines that also have posters and you can get some in the range of $3 to $9 so its not like you are breaking the bank. Shipping went up a little bit with amazon so its disappointing to then get stuff in bubble mailers. I seriously don't understand why amazon insists on sticking LEs in bubble envelopes. In the past in order to bulk up an order I would buy some live-action BDs that either had better PQ than US counterpart or were OOP or may not have even gotten a release in the US. However, magazine route is cheaper. Smile
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Bought at Half Price Books today:

Fairy Tail Vol. 26
Rave Master Vol. 7
MARS Vols. 8-15
(completed this one for me, minus the one-shot Horse With No Name volume, which I'll get eventually)
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Splurged a little yesterday:

Dorohedoro v1
My Neighbors the Yamadas BD
My Neighbor Totoro BD
Spirited Away BD
Porco Rosso BD (all 3 Miyazakis are the imo superior GKids re-releases)
Shadow of the Colossus PS4

Last edited by Never_Know_Best on Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Best Buy sent me one of their periodic $10 "please remember how nice it is to shop here" certificates.

Not too fun really. I went to the anime section and couldn't find what I wanted, then went to the "new releases" section but didn’t find it there either.

Thinking I missed something I went back to the anime section and couldn’t even find an empty spot where it should be. Dejected, I walked back and looked at the other close options.

Behind me in the aisle where all the bargain DVD sets were located was also, for some reason, a separate New Releases section. Where I finally picked up one of the two remaining copies of Mary and the Witches Flower.

also got my pre-order of Interviews with Monster Girls from a rare good "deal of the day" from Crunchyroll's store. Problem was that I hadn't bought anything from the CR store in three years, during that short time between jobs when I was living with my parents... and completely missed that that shipping address was listed. I guess I'm just lucky it wasn't my Milwaukee address.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:09 am Reply with quote
Picked up:
Space Patral Luluco Complete Collection
Tokyo ESP Vol. 7
Mobile Suit Gundam Uncorn-RX0 Destroy Mode Throw Blanket
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1323 of 1400