• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:14 am Reply with quote
Bought Manga Entertainment's old Noein DVD box set off E-Bay just now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 am Reply with quote
TRSI... * [OOS] means the item is out of stock at time of order...hope TRSI still does split shipments rather than holding the order until all is in stock. This order represents most of what I had budgeted to spend at Colossalcon East in 2 weeks had it not been cancelled...

Sizzling Siblings Blu-ray
Pleasure and Corruption Manga Volume 2
Our Wonderful Days Manga Volume 3
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Manga Volume 3
Gabriel Dropout Manga Volume 8
Saki the Succubus Hungers Tonight Manga Volume 2 [OOS]
Saki the Succubus Hungers Tonight Manga Volume 3 [OOS]
Shomin Sample Manga Volume 12
Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga Volume 11
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Manga Volume 9 [OOS]
We Never Learn Manga Volume 11 [OOS]
To Love Ru Darkness Manga Volume 16 [OOS]
The Quintessential Quintuplets Manga Volume 9
The Quintessential Quintuplets Manga Volume 10
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
Seems like that's still in stock on Funimation's site as well, at least for now.

The copy I got off E-Bay was selling for only $8. Funi and Rightstuf still have it for sale at $15, so would say getting it half off was a good snag.
Ah, I guess I generally think of eBay mainly as a pricey option for OOP/unavailable stuff. No shame in getting a bargain!

wmderemer wrote:
TRSI... * [OOS] means the item is out of stock at time of order...hope TRSI still does split shipments rather than holding the order until all is in stock.

I think they don't split orders anymore; I haven't gotten anything from my July 19th order, which is still showing 4 out of 10 items as out of stock.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:04 am Reply with quote
eBay is a wonderful and a horrible place to shop for anime/manga at the same time.

the majority is over-priced but you always get some sellers that don't know what they have in good and bad ways- some put things up for auction that don't have enough of a following so you can get some rare import of a show no one knows about at a great price instead of import prices.

With manga, I personally do not mind library copies. I'm a librarian- I know how to take the stickers off and usually they actually are in good shape. You can often piece together a common series buying from 2-4 Goodwill type sellers at $2-4 a book.

As a reseller... well, it can make you money. Late last year or early this year I bought like 10 series in clearance at TSRI, it took awhile but I've sold every one at a decent profit (Hakkenden finally went this weekend)- except for Leviathan, eBay is flooded with people selling those and no one is buying.

BTW, got my my TSRI Birthday sale order last week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Ah, I guess I generally think of eBay mainly as a pricey option for OOP/unavailable stuff. No shame in getting a bargain!

I know E-Bay can be hit or miss with getting anime as for whatever you could find for cheap, others may try to gouge to get more money for a title above the market price. But I do usually come across the rare OOP title that someone's selling for cheap (whether to be generous or not knowing the value of what they have is something up for debate) and I'm able to snag it up for a decent price. For example, I got Aniplex's old DVD box set of the Garden of Sinners movie series for only $115 a few weeks ago, while you'd have to pay $250ish to get the Blu-Ray release off Rightstuf currently.
wmderemer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:25 pm Reply with quote
zalis116 wrote:
wmderemer wrote:
TRSI... * [OOS] means the item is out of stock at time of order...hope TRSI still does split shipments rather than holding the order until all is in stock.

I think they don't split orders anymore; I haven't gotten anything from my July 19th order, which is still showing 4 out of 10 items as out of stock.

You're right, no partial shipments... though TLR Darkness came back in stock since Saturday, so hopefully my order isn't held up too long...i should have paid for shipping so i'd get it sooner once it ships...
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am Reply with quote
Next purchase in my efforts to replenish my physical collection: Rightstuf's Limited Edition DVD set of Martian Successor Nadesico off E-Bay.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordered Violet Evergarden LE and Dr. STONE S1 P2 LE off of RightStuf today.

EDIT: And now, a few days later, I picked up Dr. STONE Vol. 1 from Books-a-Million. Really hesitated for awhile about collecting it - it's ongoing, I know it'll be long, and shelf space is a premium - but I'm loving the series so much that I think I'll regret not collecting it. I'll just figure out shelf space as I go along... like I always do. Anime hyper
wmderemer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Yesterday from bestbuy.com, scheduled to arrive Wednesday:

Sony - WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Over-the-Ear Headphones - Black

They had them in stock in local store, but only in white, so had to order.

I had wanted noise-cancelling headphones, and/or wireless (Bluetooth) headphones for a while, and figured now was the time... especially wanted them because I am scheduled to go to Japan (with Evan and the wonderful people at PacSet) in March 2021 (pending virus improving and Japan reopening it's borders to people from the US) and will need them for the planes!

(The trip was originally supposed to be ANN in Japan and happen a week from now, Sept. 30- October 12, but got postponed and merged into their March 2021 excursion, Animated Spring 2021, March 17-29 2021...can't wait, 1st Japan trip!)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Shigofumi off E-Bay.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:14 am Reply with quote
Just bought Mysterious Girlfriend X and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 off E-Bay.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Some books from RSA:

No Game, No Life Novels 1-5
UQ Holder! 20
Maga-Tsuki 11-13 omnibus (which is finally being released, after originally being scheduled for June 2019 and getting delayed multiple times)
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:24 am Reply with quote
Volumes 1-3 of Arte via digital. I'm disappointed there's not a physical release, but I'll take what I can get.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Very proud of myself. Found vols 2, 5 & 6 of Battle Angel Alita in a used bookstore for $4.99 CAD each, thus completing the collection of 9 volumes! Woo-hoo! Also got the first two vols of Jujutsu Kaisen for $4.99 each.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Dr. STONE Vols. 2-3 over the weekend. >w< Also bought the very cute Nezuko Q Posket Petit mini-figure from the local anime shop. I still want to get a larger figure of her someday, but for now, the little one is fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1358 of 1400