• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
i have returned!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:59 pm Reply with quote
poof. i'm back from japan.. just to let everyone know. ;)

it was a very exciting place to be, even at the end of winter. I missed the Tokyo anime fair by ~2 weeks (what could i do? spring break was in march, not february!) but there was still a ton of cool things to see and do.

i'll be putting up a photo gallery on my own personal space on another server (prolly my university's personal server), and providing a link for any interested individuals. it's nothing spectacular.. only ~100 pictures of parts of japan in the dead of late winter. everything's brown and grey.. :/

I picked up ~$1000 in anime and video game gear (including that import PS2 that i've been interested in picking up) and quite a few pounds of manga (~60lbs of the stuff... mostly phonebook manga 'cause i'm cheap like that.)

But all in all, I had a great time. The place was a little confusing the first night, but after that we got into the swing of things and had almost no trouble navigating around tokyo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:29 pm Reply with quote
And you made the 1,000 post. *L*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:51 am Reply with quote
"I picked up ~$1000 in anime and video game gear"

Hopefully you picked up Dragon Warrior 4 for PS1, as it's been cancelled here. ;-;
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:50 am Reply with quote
GATSU: nope, missed DQ4. :( Didn't realize it wasn't coming out in America anymore. :(

this is, more or less, what i got from japan:

Phonebook Manga (9 of 'em)
Tankoban (or however it's spelled... 14 of'em)
1 Artbook (Sister Princess)
11 Anime DVDs (including kodocha 1-5, whee.)
Playstation 2
Playstation 2 DVD Remote
Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix
Bug Bug (A Japanese Bishoujo Game review magazine H_H)

anyways... here's my 80 pics from japan.. with a few descriptions (see the bottom of the page):

http://www.personal.psu.edu/glp115/

enjoy. i'm the guy with the uber-bad hair in the 2nd row, 3rd picture.

my hair is *not* really that bad normally. really! it's just ... well, it was a 13 hour flight and a 1 hour train ride (keisei, whee!) and.. well, 14 hours of sitting does things to hair!

my beard, however, is always that bad. ;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1