• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Ryasha wrote:
Primus wrote:
Oh no children, here comes the B-tier (in quality) shonen!

Eh. Still better than Hitman Reborn so I'm fine with its B-tier status.

Better, you mean by no story flow whatsoever, then sure. Very Happy

Fairy tail = Another DBZ copycat, moving on.

I want a shounen to be licensed that actually has nice plot and not focused on mediocore fighting.

I'd rather have a supposed 'no story flow' than KHR and its unnecessary, long winded, utterly pointless future arc.
A DBZ clone is much more welcome than that trash.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I think the PR screwed up somewhere, as I highly doubt FUNimation will release all 48 episodes this year, even if dubbing has already begun.

Anyway, I have the first 7 volumes of the manga, it's an okay series. If I like the dub work, I may start picking up the boxsets.

Primus: is that right? Geez. Naruto's anime would probably still be a decent-sized hit on TV if CN hadn't acted like idiots.

i think they meant they have licensed the first 48 episodes which makes sence since ft was originally supposed to be only 48 episodes. i personally hope luci christan gets casted as lucy and stephanie young as erza (listen to her oliver and i dare you to tell me it does not sound like erza Very Happy )
Zags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Anyway, I have the first 7 volumes of the manga, it's an okay series. If I like the dub work, I may start picking up the boxsets.

The manga of Fairy Tail is far superior to the anime. They really dumbed down some of the content in the anime, especially towards the beginning of the series. And those magic circle effects... everywhere... *shudders*

Ryasha wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Ryasha wrote:
Primus wrote:

I want a shounen to be licensed that actually has nice plot and not focused on mediocore fighting.

I'd rather have a supposed 'no story flow' than KHR and its unnecessary, long winded, utterly pointless future arc.

Judging an entire series based on one arc. Way to go.

Even the Reborn fans will admit that arc wasn't that great.

Last edited by Zags on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ELDRAGON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I like Fairy Tail, but how it gets a BD release when One Piece doesn't? Evil or Very Mad
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
ELDRAGON wrote:
I like Fairy Tail, but how it gets a BD release when One Piece doesn't? Evil or Very Mad

funimation said they do not have the masters for op so thats probably why.i am a little surprised it getting released to blu ray too since it has no blu ray release in japan so im excited. Laughing
Quote:
The manga of Fairy Tail is far superior to the anime. They really dumbed down some of the content in the anime, especially towards the beginning of the series. And those magic circle effects... everywhere... *shudders*

i have to agree but once episode 52 arrives the budget is increased and it doesnt do like three chapters per a episode.

Last edited by opn on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
ELDRAGON wrote:

Could be because One Piece didn't start to air in HD until...the late 200s of the episodes I think
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
This is interesting news and all but I much rather hear the news of Bakemonogatari getting licensed by Funimation..oh I wish.
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

Ryasha wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Ryasha wrote:
Primus wrote:

I 'judged' the series on more than that. That was just the nail in the coffin.
Zags

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Quote:

i have to agree but once episode 52 arrives the budget is increased and it doesnt do like three chapters per a episode.

Yea it's definitely improved from where it started. For instance, none of that recycled attack footage. God. They still use it once in a while, but less often enough so it isn't annoying.

Ryasha wrote:
Zags wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

Ryasha wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Ryasha wrote:
Primus wrote:

And yet it's still better than anything Bleach has done recently. b^^

Last edited by Zags on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
This is interesting news and all but I much rather hear the news of Bakemonogatari getting licensed by Funimation..oh I wish.

the thing is from what i heared bakem has all sorts of issues. not to mention how much it will cost. i do think nis is the best bet since they got katangari another one of the authors works so they could see if it sells well and license bakem if it sells well.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I think the PR screwed up somewhere, as I highly doubt FUNimation will release all 48 episodes this year, even if dubbing has already begun.

Manga are supposed to be getting the masters by the end of October, but only for the first 12 episodes (at least, that's all they'll be including on the first volume in February anyway).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Razzuel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes, this is awesome! I hated Fairy Tail in the beginning, since the first handful of episodes are awful, but ever since the Galuna Island arc, I've loved the show.

I'm definitely buying the Blu-ray whenever Funimation releases it, and hopefully they don't stop here, but rather continue to license more episodes.

Also, as an aside, I am a Reborn fan, and I love the future arc, so yeah, haha.
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:
opn wrote:
Quote:

Yea it's definitely improved from where it started. For instance, none of that recycled attack footage. God. They still use it once in a while, but less often enough so it isn't annoying.

Ryasha wrote:
Zags wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:

Ryasha wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Ryasha wrote:
Primus wrote:

And yet it's still better than anything Bleach has done recently. b^^

As much as I have grown to dislike KHR, I can agree to that my friend.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
apparently a guy named Tyler Walker is ADR Director for ft. anyone know what he did in the past and how good they are?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Please get it on TV. I want to watch this, but I'm not committing to buy a show that could go on forever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7