• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
So this is who's causing the hold up till next February for Manga. It better be a good dub, with how stuck I am to the sub.

i doubt it. manga uk already confirmed for it to be released in febuary and funi is already getting a large amount of hype for this so i doubt it will be delayed that and the fract they been working on the dub for awhile.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
apparently a guy named Tyler Walker is ADR Director for ft. anyone know what he did in the past and how good they are?
Tyler Walker did the direction for Baccano (and you could have done the research on your own being as this site has the information on him).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mudduck454

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
every one is getting all excited, about the license and release of fairy tail, but have you all forgot about the shows that were announced over a year ago, and yet to have any release date set or cast been announced,

come on funi, where is railgun and index, or even chaos head, chaos head was supposed to release in February this year, and look at the delay for rosario vampire, but yet you will not comment on any of them, how about shana season 2 with the movie and OVA.......

I am starting to lose faith in you as a company.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
With the news of a Blu-ray release I am probably going to buy this to support more releases like this.

Last edited by Charred Knight on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
opn wrote:
apparently a guy named Tyler Walker is ADR Director for ft. anyone know what he did in the past and how good they are?
Tyler Walker did the direction for Baccano (and you could have done the research on your own being as this site has the information on him).

ya i found that out after i posted that.the baccano dub is great so i guess that makes me happy though i was hoping for mike mccfarlend to do it but i can live with it. also i rellly hope luci christa is lucy.stephanie young is erza,brina palencia HAS to be happy no exceptions! jason liebercet should be gray and not sure about the others.
Quote:
come on funi, where is railgun and index, or even chaos head

funi said their were no updates yet on index sadly. since like you i am highly looking forward to it and i demand luci christan as index. Twisted Evil
dawgstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
With the news of a Blu-ray release I am going to buy this just to laugh at One Piece fans and point out they have no blu-ray releases for the tv series only the movies.

Er, you know One Piece wasn't even produced in HD until... y'know what? Nevermind. Thanks for supporting the industry!
Ryasha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
every one is getting all excited, about the license and release of fairy tail, but have you all forgot about the shows that were announced over a year ago, and yet to have any release date set or cast been announced,

come on funi, where is railgun and index, or even chaos head, chaos head was supposed to release in February this year, and look at the delay for rosario vampire, but yet you will not comment on any of them, how about shana season 2 with the movie and OVA.......

I am starting to lose faith in you as a company.

Didn't see the point to comment on them but since they have been...
I'm still patiently waiting for Chaos;Head to at least have a cast announcement....The moment they announce a release date, I'm ordering it.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
dawgstar wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
With the news of a Blu-ray release I am going to buy this just to laugh at One Piece fans and point out they have no blu-ray releases for the tv series only the movies.

Er, you know One Piece wasn't even produced in HD until... y'know what? Nevermind. Thanks for supporting the industry!

im pretty sure he realised that and edited he's post. another cast i would like/hope to see is patric seitz as elfman and mike mccfarlend as markarov but i dont think the latter will happen.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
dawgstar wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Which is why I edited my post I got tired of people claiming that Fairy Tail is a ripoff of One Piece so I made a joke that I shouldn't have made.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Pretty excited to hear about this, but I have to agree with whoever mentioned Happy before. I have a hard time imagining a Happy thats not Rie.
khadijah1415

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I liked Fairy Tail but its kinda over rated. I used to be excited when it came out but not anymore. I usually wait 12 weeks then watch it. It's not like other animes where I can't wait to watch I get that ugh feeling when I wanna watch it. I know there are smilarities between this anime and One Piece but One Piece is better in my opinion. More orginal but its an anime thats worth watching.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so Todd Haberkorn is cast as Natsu?

I guess he can fit as Natsu even though I was seriously expecting Greg Ayres to get the role.

I only hope FUNimation will actually make this dub work and not have it be a total Fubar like D.Gray-Man's dub.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
You think Funi can make this dub work with Habercorn in the lead?
I don't think Funi learned that Habercorn is does not fit as an action lead from D Grayman. He is not much of a comic lead either.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
You think Funi can make this dub work with Habercorn in the lead?
I don't think Funi learned that Habercorn is does not fit as an action lead from D Grayman. He is not much of a comic lead either.

thats what i was thinking. from the sounjd of the article they been working on it for awhile and looking at the last funi con ft is the big title they hinted at so i assume todd was chosen as natsu for a reason. the adr director has done great dubs like black cat and baccano so he can make it work.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow, excited that funi picked it up but Todd isn't (and I'm sure of this) going to do good at all as natsu... bad choice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7