• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CannedJam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
LolReborn. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, I'm glad this is getting dubbed. Very Happy
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I hope that FUNimation's next big licensing announcement is "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!" Very Happy.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, and currently set for this year too, sweet, can't wait to pick up Fairy Tail, it'll be great to re-watch with a new dub too which should be a lot of fun.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Awesome, and currently set for this year too, sweet, can't wait to pick up Fairy Tail, it'll be great to re-watch with a new dub too which should be a lot of fun.

New Dub? You saw the animax-asia dub then?

Last edited by Kid Ryan on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
rhynoo wrote:
Divineking wrote:

Seriously the show has the potential to be the next big thing with kids here(I like Naruto but it;s been the big thing for over half a decade and the praise is getting a tad old)so I pray Funi goes that route rather than soley marketing it towards us anime fans.

My money is it will end up on toonzai.

Toonzai is 4Kids, who is likely gonna die soon.

doctordoom85 wrote:

Primus: is that right? Geez. Naruto's anime would probably still be a decent-sized hit on TV if CN hadn't acted like idiots.

CN ended Toonami and moved away from boys actions shows, while expanding Adult Swim, so Naruto has nowhere to go.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
I hope that FUNimation's next big licensing announcement is "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!" Very Happy.

Tsuna: Brittney Karbowski
Gokudera: Eric Vale
Takeshi: Vic Mignogna
Ryohei: Justin Cook
Hibari: Todd Haberkorn or Chris Patton
Mukuro: Jerry Jewel
Chrome: Laura Bailey
Lambo (adult): Aaron Dismuke(IDK)
(kid): Monica Rial
Need I repeat myself?
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:

Tsuna: Brittney Karbowski
Gokudera: Eric Vale
Takeshi: Vic Mignogna
Ryohei: Justin Cook
Hibari: Todd Haberkorn or Chris Patton
Mukuro: Jerry Jewel
Chrome: Laura Bailey
Lambo (adult): Aaron Dismuke(IDK)
(kid): Monica Rial
Need I repeat myself?

I don't really care who voices who, as long as they are speaking in english.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate, but Fairy Tail's the best new shounen in the past 5 years. I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as its up.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
If Funimation messes with Kanpeki gu no ne I will lose my mind.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:10 am Reply with quote
I'm actually kind of surprised that FUNi got Fairy Tail considering how tight Kodansha is regarding licensing at times (indeed, the Crunchyroll streaming service can only keep new episodes of the anime only 30 days after being posted on the site).

But I do like both the show and anime, since most of the characters are pretty reasonably likeable--even the temperamental Natsu and Grey.

There's a reason why the first FUNi release ends at Episode 48: that's where--

spoiler[Laxus finally leaves the Fairy Tail guild after being expelled by his grandfather Makarov for attempting a takeover of the guild. I actually shed a tear for poor Laxus when I read it in the original manga version.]
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote
apparently funi is supposed to announce a special simulcast at anime boston. im guesing its either fairy tail or anohana. its about equal on which one it would be but im leaning towards fairy tail due to the hint and anohana isnt really special.
Takuku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Takuku wrote:
So this is who's causing the hold up till next February for Manga. It better be a good dub, with how stuck I am to the sub.

i doubt it. manga uk already confirmed for it to be released in febuary and funi is already getting a large amount of hype for this so i doubt it will be delayed that and the fract they been working on the dub for awhile.

I was referring to the fact that they had hoped or something for a release this year.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
opn wrote:
Takuku wrote:
So this is who's causing the hold up till next February for Manga. It better be a good dub, with how stuck I am to the sub.

i doubt it. manga uk already confirmed for it to be released in febuary and funi is already getting a large amount of hype for this so i doubt it will be delayed that and the fract they been working on the dub for awhile.

I was referring to the fact that they had hoped or something for a release this year.

oh right sorry. i think the reason is they are trying to get the blu ray mastership since ft is being released on blu ray here.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
YAY, THEY GOT FT!
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I personally think Toriko's the best new Shounen I've read in the past 5 years. The bastard child mix of zany Tetsuo Hara-inspired designs, One Piece's world imagination, and Dragon Ball's absurdity in scales of power just have me laughing that it works. I just love the insanity in Shounen manga which is what I always look for. All that remains is to see how the anime plays out.

As far as Fairy Tail goes, yeah the manga is far superior, and yes early Mashima is eerily simlar to early Oda, but I think both respective artists have really evolved their styles in very different directions. If there's one thing Mashima has topped Oda in, it's his love for a strong female cast and female designs. Selling sex to kids at an early age is a way to get em' Just look at the guy's weekly covers and frame shots for Lucy and the others. The anime, however, takes everything that made the art style in the manga cool and just goes off in its own little direction. I don't know if the art becomes more Mashima-esque in the later episodes, but as someone who enjoyed the manga, I just couldn't really get into the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7