• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Episodes 1-6 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
It's called "fujoshi bait"
Cait

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
bottled water doesn't expire

Yes it does. The plastic in water bottles slowly leeches into the water over time, making it dangerous to drink. You also shouldn't drink from them if they've been exposed to extreme heat (like sitting in your car on a hot summer day) as this can cause the toxins to leech into the water more quickly. All plastic water bottles have expiration dates right on them.
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
Nayu wrote:
bottled water doesn't expire

Yes it does. The plastic in water bottles slowly leeches into the water over time, making it dangerous to drink. You also shouldn't drink from them if they've been exposed to extreme heat (like sitting in your car on a hot summer day) as this can cause the toxins to leech into the water more quickly. All plastic water bottles have expiration dates right on them.

Sure, you can get plastic-y tasting water from "old" bottled water but it is far from toxic. http://chemistry.about.com/b/2013/08/10/does-bottled-water-go-bad.htm Also http://www.livescience.com/32636-why-do-bottles-of-water-have-expiration-dates-.html It's a flavor issue, not a "this water has gone bad" issue. And boiling it, especially since they're on a deserted island with no power, is especially silly and just plain bad writing. But hey, keep defending this garbage.

I could give more links, but hey, we can all use google even if KyoAni can't.
Cait

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
And boiling it, especially since they're on a deserted island with no power, is especially silly and just plain bad writing. But hey, keep defending this garbage.

Didn't make any comments about boiling it, but since you seem so keen on defending that, fine. They're in a rest house not necessarily a deserted island, just unused. Even if the building doesn't have electricity it doesn't mean they don't have access to heating for water. If the stoves are gas and the gas hasn't been turned off, they could easily cook or boil whatever, but this argument is stupid and you're clearly more interested in being combative than having an actual discussion, so I'm done here.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
But hey, keep defending this garbage.

Hey, I think one of the characters has a sister. Just imagine the older brother boning his little sister. That should make you happy. It would be just like Oreimo then, right? Twisted Evil
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Hey, I think one of the characters has a sister. Just imagine the older brother boning his little sister. That should make you happy. It would be just like Oreimo then, right? Twisted Evil

Right, cause I'm totally into the KirinoxKosuke ship.

Next time, ground your attack with fact before you try to slander me.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
No attack. Just a suggestion.

You are on a thread about a title aimed at female fans after all.

Uh. Why are you here anyway?
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

It's a discussion thread about an anime I'm currently watching that I had valid problems with? Why are you here? And who are you to question my motivation anyways? Isn't that the mods job?

And you do realize that Nayu is a female name, right? Besides that, is this thread ladies only? I didn't see the sign on the door saying that men aren't allowed to watch shows aimed at women. My mistake, I guess.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
I'm asking because, for a show that you certainly despise, you sure are doing your part to add to its publicity by continually bumping the discussion.

(even to the point of angrily arguing about plastic bottle efficacy)

The more discussion. The more people notice.

If i don't like something, I do my best to completely dismiss it, and I never waste my time on any discussions of it.

Q: So why am I here?

A: Why to help you bump the discussion, of course. Cool
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:05 am Reply with quote
animefan425 wrote:
If Free! were the exact same series just with girls instead of a "cast of attractive, lean-muscled young men", the review would decry about how this is merely another forgettable generic pandering otaku trash. Seriously, for more than a decade, this site has been claiming that "fan service" is the cancer killing the anime industry. And now, you dare to imply that just because this is aimed at women, fan service is suddenly not only okay, but something to be praised? Words cannot describe the hypocrisy displayed here.

You're surprised/ shocked by this?

tuxedocat wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Quote:
No attack. Just a suggestion.

You are on a thread about a title aimed at female fans after all.

Quote:
I'm asking because, for a show that you certainly despise, you sure are doing your part to add to its publicity by continually bumping the discussion.

(even to the point of angrily arguing about plastic bottle efficacy)

The more discussion. The more people notice.

If i don't like something, I do my best to completely dismiss it, and I never waste my time on any discussions of it.

Q: So why am I here?

A: Why to help you bump the discussion, of course. Cool

Looks like we have a winner for the "most [insult removed] poster of the day" award. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Why am I not surprised by this? Just goes to show that the mods on this form will let people like Tuxedocat get away with murder with regards to posting, but everyone else has to be on their best behavior. Favoritism at its worst.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4