• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime/Game Studio Gonzo Posts Higher Earnings, Profit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
Wish they'd make an anime for The Yagyu Ninja Scrolls.

Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls is probably one of the few anime they actually adapted very well (didn't screw up), and in my opinion the anime surpassed the manga.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
Good to see them earning money again and as they finally made their first full TV series since the full re-organization in LE: Fam and that short that they're doing as part of that young animator training thing along with those other studios.

Looking forward to that possible project announcement in July.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote
Not a major Gonzo fan, but it's always re-assuring to learn that an anime studio is doing well for itself during these difficult times. Even if the reason is not directly related to industry activity.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 am Reply with quote
They never make my favourite shows BUT they ALWAYS make shows i like so this is FANTASTIC news!
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
I really like some of gonzo's work and some of their adaptions of classics like Count of Monte Cristo. Glad they're not going bankrupt and making some earnings.
GlassShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Gonzo can go back to the shape they were before things went down hill. It would be great if they could pull themselves out of the slum, they used to be one of the best studios.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i wish gonzo had not slumped that much but its good they are doing better now at least, i have fmp its awesome, i should check out their more recent works.
teram96

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
yeah, i wish gonzo had not slumped that much but its good they are doing better now at least, i have fmp its awesome, i should check out their more recent works.

im pretty sure they can go back to REALLY popular animes now like ROsario Vampire and hopefully remake the whole series because its bringing in a huge profit
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
Being an admirer of the production company that brought affordable 3DVFX to TV anime (it being once only reserved for movies), I'm happy to know that GONZO is back in the black.

It really broke my heart when I got a whiff of the news that GONZO was close to bankruptcy way back, but, well, it's nice for them to be back and roaring again.

It may have cost them the rights to animate some franchises, but what the hell--I hope for more in the future.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:53 am Reply with quote
teram96 wrote:
im pretty sure they can go back to REALLY popular animes now like Rosario+Vampire and hopefully remake the whole series because its bringing in a huge profit

Hear! Hear!

Let's have a reboot with Rosario+Vampire as an action series with some leg fanservice (instead of the facepalm worthy panty fest they did before, specially on the boring second season).
bravetailor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
I like Gonzo. They may not always have the best animation talent but they have ambition to spare, and are always willing to experiment visually or narratively. I respect them a lot more than many more polished studios because of that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1