• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ImaginAsian TV Launches Home Video Label

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walkabout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote
The article is titled "Hove Video"...maybe someone should fix that...
And what does this change for CPM, I wonder...
jpopusa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote
This is a significant announcement -especially in light of what has happened to AZN TV. Anime is a signficant % of programming on these Asian themed channels. Other than CN and G4, these were potential places to showcase things that would fall outside the mainstream.

Additionally, having CPM diversify into non-anime content is a solid move. Having some of those great works of cinema and amazing martial arts dramas on DVD is a great step. Hopefully, we will also see some music focused content from this as well in the future.

Japan is slowly starting to see the viability in entertainment export. The more moves like this help all of fandom.
aluria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
oooo! I like this! It would be great if they licensed the Nana movie, I want to see it so bad! Drama series would be interesting too. I'd definitely consider buying them although I've really only see one series and a bit of one other. I think its a great move for them since ADV Films seems to be the only company to license live action stuff and thats only the extremely popular stuff and years after the fact. Can't wait for them to start annoucing titles!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1