• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - East of Eden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Plus, I assume it's more fun for the organizer to watch people play his game, than just solve everything with a handwave.

Fun? Is it fun being a party to, or enabling spoiler[multiple counts of murder, acts of terrorism (Missle attacks, any one?) or tens of thousands of count of false imprisonment and kidnapping (container ships and NEETs)?

Granted, I applaud Number 11/Shiratori for slaughtering rapists and sex offender (I'd call that karmic justice), but not Yusei's (Number 4) murdering innocent civilians on a whim or any of a number of instances where the majority of these D-Bags Behaving Badly act capriciously, selfishly, malevolently or stupidly.

These aren't the actions of saviors--neither is Mr. Outside. Do they actually solve more problems than they cause, or anything for that matter? Is anything resolved by their behavior in the end (regardless of their intentions for good or ill)?

He's (Mr. Outside) being recklessly cavalier with the lives and well-being of a nation for some "fun," or to pass the time. In a word, it's inexcusable and beyond criminally stupid.]
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
Plus, I assume it's more fun for the organizer to watch people play his game, than just solve everything with a handwave.

Fun? Is it fun being a party to (awful things)

Well... yes. I think it's safe to assume this guy is not firing on all cylinders, and he's a sick/twisted individual. So yeah, it *is* fun for this person to watch the events unfold.

I never once thought for a single second that the organizer was a good person. I assumed he was a deranged individual with money to spare, who wanted to use people as his pawns.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
CareyGrant wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:

Fun? Is it fun being a party to (awful things)

Well... yes. I think it's safe to assume this guy is not firing on all cylinders, and he's a sick/twisted individual. So yeah, it *is* fun for this person to watch the events unfold.

I never once thought for a single second that the organizer was a good person. I assumed he was a deranged individual with money to spare, who wanted to use people as his pawns.

Ah, I see. I approached Mr. Outside -wrongly it appears- with the false understanding that he was operated from a(n) -albeit misguided- position of goodness -I thought it was some kind of senile dementia- when it appears he was some chaotic neutral nutball--Ok, that's on me.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Views of Mr. Outside will vary according to whether or not you've seen the third movie. He still ends up a bit ambigious but at least he is fleshed out a bit more in Paradise Lost.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
redranger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Eden of the East is ****ing overrated. Goddamn, it was horrible. Nothing but talking heads and that annoying girl who desperately wanted to get in Takizawa's pants.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
Eden of the East is ****ing overrated. Goddamn, it was horrible. Nothing but talking heads and that annoying girl who desperately wanted to get in Takizawa's pants.

Dude, what ISN'T overrated for you? I've looked down your post history and 95% of everything you write is complaining that something is "overrated" or just saying something controversial for the sake of being controversia. Do you have anything ELSE to say?
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Dragonball Kai is easily shelf worthy..its the best title out of everything reviewed this week.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
So, I completely forgot I submitted my shelf a while ago, and one of my friend just told me my stuff was shown. Thanks for the comments =w=
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh, had to know the Umineko figures were yours. They look better in the shelf.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3