• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sega to Unveil New Hatsune Miku Project on Thursday

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Running Wild wrote:
I'll never understand the appeal of Miku Hatsune.
It's in the music. It's all in the music. Wink

But her singing voice is cringing.

So it can't be the music.

Must be because she is loli jait bait and people love to masturbate to her.
Well sorry but it is the music. I happen to like Miku's voice, but your not the only one who feels that way, though the thought of someone wanking to a computer programme is a bit odd, don't you think? Laughing There are up to 8 different voice synths from Crypton Future Media, each with their own gender, pitch, and tone. All were sampled from real live humans and Miku's voice sample was a winner of an open talent contest in Japan. Her name is Fujita Saki, a working voice actress of 16 at the time in 2007, and when both her and Miku sang a duet it was nearly impossible to tell the difference. Crypton has since developed Appends for Miku with 6 different pitch and tones just for her. They are Vivid, Dark, Solid, Soft, Sweet, and Light. Plenty of examples of what each sounds like on Youtube. However, if you like a more mature voice try Megurine Luka. Her character design could possibly be more wank bait if the more desperate out there want to imagine that. Rolling Eyes She can sing in English very well too. So will Miku sometime soon. Think of your favourite singer working for hundreds of different bands and producers of just about every musical genre you can think of for the price of a CD-ROM or less. That's what a Vocaloid is. Wink
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Nah it's definitely the loli-factor.
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:

Are there really these people who are just so unable to accept the fact that people like things they don't...?
I also fail to see how Miku is even a loli to begin with. If it was 'the loli factor' that made a Vocaloid popular, then Kaai Yuki would be the most popular.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Tomibiki wrote:

Are there really these people who are just so unable to accept the fact that people like things they don't...?
I also fail to see how Miku is even a loli to begin with. If it was 'the loli factor' that made a Vocaloid popular, then Kaai Yuki would be the most popular.
Miku is 16, and always will be. If there was a loli factor it would be Kagurine Rin who's character looks 13, though someone has created a "chibi Miku" using the Project Diva programme. Rolling Eyes
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Tomibiki wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, fall back bruddah! I'm not judging you or anyone else for liking Hatsune Miku, I personally feel rather indifferent towards the whole vocaloid franchise except for the fact it produces badass fanart on Pixiv. It's just I happen to think 98% of the appeal has to do with the fact that Miku's (apparently) a 16 year in a 12 year old's body, but I'm not here to split hairs over what looks matured and what looks like jailbait. If it's because of the music, sorry, I don't see it, but I definitely see how it appeals to certain people visually.

And if you're referring to my previous statement, I say, screw this, Sega has more important things to focus on, which they probably agree that they do. That is if I'm judging correctly based upon the recent interview conducted with PSO2's director.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:
It's just I happen to think 98% of the appeal has to do with the fact that Miku's (apparently) a 16 year in a 12 year old's body, but I'm not here to split hairs over what looks matured and what looks like jailbait. If it's because of the music, sorry, I don't see it, but I definitely see how it appeals to certain people visually.
You are either referring to the "chibi Miku", or the children eat different food where you live if 12 year old girls look like Miku's body form. As for the music, perhaps it would look better if you listened to it. One has to keep in mind that Vocaloids were created for the soul purpose of the creation of music. The fact that the logo character has developed into a franchise in itself is a spinoff not in the original plan. Just about every musical genre has at least several hundred examples of just Miku singing that you should find something that might delight your ears, if not your eyes and do have a listen to the others as well if Miku still leaves you cold. Wink

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Project Diva 2.5 for PSP was announced in Famitsu. So that's probably it.
championferret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Project Diva 2.5 for PSP was announced in Famitsu. So that's probably it.

It is. Seems like it's an expansion (some new costumes for everybody, some new songs. Not a great deal). Seems pretty disappointing and really not worth making that huge an announcement over, but Sega have been pretty craftilty 'hinting' about a '3rd'...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2