• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime fight scenes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greennunu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Kin7cato wrote:
Greennunu your still not answering my first question. Of course you have the right to post your opinion in this or any other thread. But if you don't care then why would you be responding? Because you actually do care.

Yes the topic is vague. But I was wrong, I assumed everyone entering the thread would actually have the common sense to read before posting an opinion. I guess common sense isn't so common any more.

Secondly, Greennunu please read everything before you make any claims.

Quote:
As for Gundam I think it falls into the 3% of the 97% that I find intresting, because of my intrest with other things
Then you must not like anime very much. Because the only anime you mentioned that you liked is Gundam. And if all you care about is mecha anime no one is going to take you or your opinion seriously or even into consideration.

I'm not trying to start a fight. But what you wrote was a self contradiction. Next time you should think when you write or at least explain your self better.

Quote:
I'll go ahead and say it right now people like you who try to get their point across by nit picking at other people common mistakes, who uses words for their literal meaning when full knowing what they really meant make me sick
Because your writing had no organization and poor grammar. I could not understand your full intent. The mistakes you made hindered the intent of your letter. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question now, if you don't like other people's opinion so much why even post? Is it so you get self gratification from other people agreeing with you?

No thats not ture. I heard other peoples arguments and they were good. Unlike yours. They actually put detailed reasons into why they like certain fight scenes. Like Lapsus saying he likes dialouge in battle because it gives it an intellectual twist.
Or Luminal's explaination about Iliad and its poetic speech.

You even admitted you did not read everything. So if your not willing to even look at others opinions why should anyone care about yours.

I am just expressing what i feel could be improved upon. But at least i read what others think even If I disagree with them.

Quote:
~ON TOPIC
I used DBZ/Kenshin as extreme examples of anime fight scenes that turn me off, but even in anime like Trigun or Cowboy Beebop I rarely enjoy the fights, I guess it's because they are usually out in flesh and blood but since it's animated it doesn't have the realism feel to it. As to Mechs I know those people are using giant robots which really don't exist and I haven't seen real robots fight in real life so I rather enjoy imagining those things fight it out.

Greennunu this proves your opinions are completely biased. You can not truly enjoy any fight scenes with out mechs.

You talk about Trigun and Cowboy Bebop because the fights are between physical beings and you claim that they are unrealistic because they are animated. And then you say you enjoy Gundam because of its unrealistic imagination premise.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. You have a complete double standard. As long as its in mechs its okay to be unrealistic and imaginative. But when its a fight between physical beings you claim it to be unrealistic and therefore dislike it.

Why do you think I called you a hypocrite? Your completely biased. And you are a hypocrite.[/quote]

Ok this is going ot be my last post to debate this situation with you since it's off topic, but read my frist reply to your original post, I read your topic and then I posted mine, what other people's opinion on the topic holds no importance for what my opinion on your topic is. I answered your last question about it with my first sentence, I said, ".... I prefere them stoping in the middle of the fight for dialouge because I don't find the animated fight scenes intresting at all...". Which you obviously read but apparently took it for literal meaning instantly because the rest of my post tells you which fights I do enjoy watching.

As for your comment on me not liking anime, you're an idiot, I said I only enjoy fight scenes in Gundam, that doesn't mean I only watch Gundam or action anime and came to my judgement that I only like Gundam. Have some common sense for christ sakes. Even if the anime is in the action category, I can still like the anime for the other category it's in.

I know my grammar is bad, but your's isn't that great ether, unless you're perfect do't go around dissing people.
dark_hand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
kincato, you take it way too deep, man. the part where i said about human thing is just supposed to give an impact, i mean of course anybody knows the animes are not written by dog or god.i was just saying that when you watch anime, you care too much about the flaws. that way you wont enjoy it and by making these kinds of thread readers will start to care too much about it and draw away from anime.
the anime makers should keep on improving of course, but as i said, there is a big factor of money. longer series which can happen by longer fighting scenes, more money. it's as simple as that.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quote
dark_hand wrote:
kincato, you take it way too deep, man. the part where i said about human thing is just supposed to give an impact, i mean of course anybody knows the animes are not written by dog or god.i was just saying that when you watch anime, you care too much about the flaws. that way you wont enjoy it and by making these kinds of thread readers will start to care too much about it and draw away from anime.
the anime makers should keep on improving of course, but as i said, there is a big factor of money. longer series which can happen by longer fighting scenes, more money. it's as simple as that.

Really nice. I like that one a lot. Even better than live and evil in fact.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4