• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who is getting the Tales of Legendia video game?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Its somewhat off topic I know but I'm curious how many of you guys and girls are getting this game. (There is an anime based upon Tales of phantasia and Tales of eternia as well). I have mine pre-ordered and I hope they make an anime on this video game as well and other Tales games because the Tales games are dark and original when it comes to plot and the storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Sooner or later. *Give the bird to EB for always getting new games 3-5 days after the release date.* I'm sure it'll be the same next week when Grandia 3 comes out. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
major_pain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote
I really wish I had a PS2 just for this game (well...and Rogue Galaxy). Crying or Very sad
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:23 am Reply with quote
Yes, I'm definately buying it. The Tales games are one of my favorite RPG series. I wish they were more popular here. The Tales series is SO popular in Japan but never seemed to catch on here. They're so underrated. I hope Tales of the Abyss gets licensed... it's opening is absolutely awesome, although they probably won't keep the music if they do bring it over. If TOL does well they may very well bring TOA over as well as other Tales games. I'm really hoping it does well.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote
I wasn't going to post in this thread at post because it seemed like an OT thread and would be deleted, but since it hasn't been deleted, I guess it's okay.

Ataru wrote:
Sooner or later. *Give the bird to EB for always getting new games 3-5 days after the release date.* I'm sure it'll be the same next week when Grandia 3 comes out. Crying or Very sad

Keep in mind that the 'release dates' for games are actually shipping dates.

I reserved my copy at GameCrazy and it should be in today or tomorrow.

EDIT: GameCrazy just called and its in. Cool

Last edited by HitokiriShadow on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Aretak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
As long as it's released here in the UK, I'll buy it. Sadly, far too many J-RPGs simply don't make it over here...
aprince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, the only game i played in the Tales series was Tales of Synphonia. I really enjoyed it for the most part, but on the third playthrough it got boring. I think that if TOL is as good as TOS in the storyline aspect ill come up with the fifty or sixty dollars to put out for this game. I just love RPG's with great storylines Very Happy
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I just picked it up from GameCrazy and got a nifty little artbook with it. I think I'm going to go play it now. Cool
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Keep in mind that the 'release dates' for games are actually shipping dates.
Yes.... I know. Confused It's always funny to get buy a game online and it gets here faster then local store does. Even without with the Next Day or 2 Day. But when I said 3-5, that's the fastest.

ADD ON: Looks like the new manger came though for me, too bad it's late at night. D'oh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, three to five days is a bit much. My guess is whoever distributes to them is just slow. Probably not their fault.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:46 am Reply with quote
I just hope it's not as cliched as the last game. A girl who was destined to be the Chosen One? You don't say? Elves can use magic? Oh my gosh! "I am your father." Shock and Surprise! Your ally is actually the enemy and your enemy is actually your ally? Where do they think of this stuff?

While I may gripe about the OVERWHELMING, amount of cliches that were present, the game did play well and the story was alright. I had a whole lot of issues with the summon system though, and lets face it, when you look up the word predictable in the dictionary, this game should be the picture right next to it. if I were to rate it, I would give it a 3 out of 5, but I still usually play 3 out of 5's and actually enjoy them as well. This game really does look just as fun as the last one. I really wanted it to come out for the Gamecube though. My library is kind of light.
ryu_hito

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
i don't know if i'm going to buy the game right now, I still have alot to finish already.

but i'll def have to sell a few copies when i get back to work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:40 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
I just hope it's not as cliched as the last game. A girl who was destined to be the Chosen One? You don't say? Elves can use magic? Oh my gosh! "I am your father." Shock and Surprise! Your ally is actually the enemy and your enemy is actually your ally? Where do they think of this stuff?

Well, technically the Tales game that came before Tales of Legendia would be Tales of Rebirth not Tales of Symphonia. They never brought Tales of Rebirth to the US though. I didn't think TOS was that cliched though. Some parts may have been cliched but I definatly wouldn't call it predictable, spoiler[you honestly can't tell me that you knew the whole "church of Martel" thing and the Chosen one was actually a scheme set up by Mithos in order to revive Martel. You can't tell me you knew everything that was going to happen. The story was pretty well thought out it, I don't see how anyone would be able to tell all or even most of what was going to happen. And as far as most of the people I've heard from, most of them didn't see Kratos turning out to be Lloyds father either. Also, Kratos isn't really an enemy of Lloyd. If you played though the whole way you'd be able to tell that, and if did it the right way he even joins you in the end.] But I'm kind of a TOS fanboy so I have a bit of a bias for it. I played through it 7 times and got all the titles. I liked TOS better than FFX, that's for sure.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote
Yes, you are a fanboy because you expect me to know about a game that was never relaseased in america. Next,maybe I wasn't able to tell that from the very beginning, but The signs were everywhere. Alsospoiler[with Kratos], BEYOND OBVIOUS. Yes, I was able to tell that from pretty much the start of the game. And when that big mystery was revealed, all I could say was "yep" instead of "oh my god!" Why? because there was so much damn hinting to it. I'm just saying that the last game, Tales of Symphonia!!!!, was laced with so many cliche's, that I was almost too damn bored to be bothered with it. The only thing that kept me coming back was the fighting, and my natural gamers need to finish what I started.
aprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Yes, you are a fanboy because you expect me to know about a game that was never relaseased in america. Next,maybe I wasn't able to tell that from the very beginning, but The signs were everywhere. Alsospoiler[with Kratos], BEYOND OBVIOUS. Yes, I was able to tell that from pretty much the start of the game. And when that big mystery was revealed, all I could say was "yep" instead of "oh my god!" Why? because there was so much damn hinting to it. I'm just saying that the last game, Tales of Symphonia!!!!, was laced with so many cliche's, that I was almost too damn bored to be bothered with it. The only thing that kept me coming back was the fighting, and my natural gamers need to finish what I started.

First of all TOS was releast in America, I have a copy and live in Colorado. As far as cliches go... The world can only hold so many ideas, so many plot turns, and so many charictars. One could look at the hints and figure it out, but that just proves that you ARE paying attention to the game. I've only played through three times and never got alot of the sidequest, but I believe that it is better than alot of other games in the world. If you are here complaining than make a game series of your own. Go to schoo, learn the trait, amd try to make a game for your GD self. I think the the world is going to exhaust all its ideas in the next hundred years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2