• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Telepathic Wanderers GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raz_G

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty much what I thought of the volume too - although at the end, it felt more like a prologue for things to come rather than a complete story in its own right.
Thing is, I probably wouldn't even be picking this one up if it wasn't for the news on Satoshi Kon's next movie, which made me want to find out just who this Yasutaka Tsutsui is, discovering the Manga. The pages I found on the web give the impression that he's a really big name in Japanese Science Fiction literature (although the Asimov comparison seems totally out of place - judging from "Telepathic Wanderers" their writing is miles apart in terms of style and content). I wonder if there's any chance of seeing any of his novels translated? A few years ago I imagine people would have said that there's no market for this kind of thing, but nowdays, with stuff like the Vampire Hunter D and Boogiepop Phantom novels translated...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been mildly interested in this manga, but after reading this review, I think I'm going to pick up this manga next week.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote
I was pretty suprised about how good this turned out to be. Based on the cover and description I was expecting a brainless Sci-fi epic with exploding heads, but it turned out to be pretty smart with the depictions of psycic powers. Looking forward to the rest of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1