• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Good Smile, Bandai Namco Make Nendoroid Generation Videogame

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerreth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
role-playing battle and dance game for the PSP portable gaming console

I um.... what? Role playing battle and dance? So is it going to be like Turn based battle with damage based on how well you do in Project diva....?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote
Zerreth wrote:
Quote:

I um.... what? Role playing battle and dance? So is it going to be like Turn based battle with damage based on how well you do in Project diva....?

From what I can tell looking at pictures RPG and dance are two different game modes. Also seems like the RPG mode is done sort of like Pokemon where you're basically collecting Nendoroids through battles. Apparently collecting is a big part of the game, you can even connect to other players to see their collection (and probably battle, too).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote
Zerreth wrote:
Quote:

YOU GOT SERVED!!!
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
Let me save you guys some time. Yuki Nagato and Haruhi win all. Yuki's ability to control the space around her and Haruhi's God like power makes it that no one can touch her.
Not even The 25 year old Nanoha from Force can stand a chance.
How mind blowingly Awesome would a official crossover anime would be? There is a official manga of Fate/Stay night X Nanoha. A Anime of that would be so great.
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quote
Boy I tell ya, ntsc-j xbox360 and ps2 now I got to get one of these PSP things. Oh well might as well so I can get the Project Diva games with it. Looks like a cool idea they have, I hope they can add Danny Choos Mirai Suenaga in as downloadable content bonus or as part of the finished game too. Danny Choo while not part of GSC is part of GSC anyway Laughing if you know what I mean.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 am Reply with quote
Well, if LEGO can make a guitar game, I suppose anything is possible anymore.

PSP, though? I know there's a large fan based for this handheld, but it strikes me as shocking it's not going to be made for the DS, let alone home consoles.

Wait. PSP. Dancing. PSP. Dancing.

Confused

I give up trying to make sense of this one, especially since the chances of this getting imported remains as difficult as the figures themselves.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote
seems like a fun idea, one of the few reasons i am happy to own a psp and glad games are region free on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
From what I can tell looking at pictures RPG and dance are two different game modes.

Oh booooo. When I misread that as "dance battle", I was briefly interested in this game. Oh well!

...come to think of it, are there any dance battle games in existence already?
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
I would hope this one is too. I know the Miku Hastune PSP games are region free, what I mean is I already have more game machines than I have time to play. I am sure many can say the same. I will look into getting if if playasia or rightstuf or roberts anime corner store get it in stock when it is finally made. Those are the only places I order from as none of them have ever done me wrong through lots of orders.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
sunflowerseed wrote:
I would hope this one is too. I know the Miku Hastune PSP games are region free, what I mean is I already have more game machines than I have time to play.

The PSP itself is region free (for games, not movies), not the games. You can play any PSP game on any model PSP. So no need to buy a Japanese PSP, not that you'd find one for cheap anyway, the thing is super hot in Japan right now, there's a shortage and stores can't keep them on the shelves. It's actually been consistently outselling the 3DS while unsurprisingly the DS itself is barely on the radar now.

This is also why the game is being released on the PSP and not a Nintendo system right now, that's not to say there won't be a 3DS version later on. I'm sure this is a pretty expensive license for them so they'll likely want to spread it out as much as they can. Plus it's not like Nendoroids are ending any time soon, there'll be enough fodder for them to keep making games well into the future if they choose to do so.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time, only this time we got a different premise. I want to see this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1